Difficulty connecting to Roon, spinning icon (ref#H7O1YJ)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

I can't connect to Nucleus

Does Nucleus show up in macOS Finder / Windows Explorer?

Yes

I cant connect to Roon, Icon just spinning. Connecting to the IP of the Nucles shows everything running. Tried restart and OS reinstall with no change. I can also access the content of the server thorugh the explorer

It shows up here.

But it stalls here.

The server software is build 1382, the latest build is 1388

May make a difference?

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Nucleus connection issues

Hi @Ronny_Griip,

Are you still having issues connecting to your Nucleus?

Do you have any active VPNs within your network setup?

1 Like

Hi.

We have updated the Nucleus to build 1388 without any change. Onece or twice it has come to the stage where i can change the license as i run a ROCK as a backup. Then it couldnt find my music even tho i can access it through the explorer. In the options menu it didnt detect the onboard SSD.

I dont have any active VPNs on this network.

Best regards
Ronny.

Hey @Ronny_Griip,

Please update your Nucleus and remotes to the latest 2.0 (build 1392) production and let me know how things perform. Thanks! :+1:

Hi,

Update complete.

I managed to log into the server now like one of the other times with the server acting like all the settings are gone:

and there is no way to add the local storage:

After closing the app down i cant login again, spinning icon.

Best regards
Ronny

Hi @Ronny_Griip,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried refreshing your database and or restoring a recently saved backup?

I am also seeing multiple Roon Server devices tied to your account. Here are the step by steps for refreshing your Nucleus database (make sure you have a backup before anything else!)

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database (can skip if you have one saved already)
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Roon Server” and connect to the new database

Hi,

I have 2 Nucleus and a Rock (backup).

I followed your instructions and at first it looked like it was working. It booted up with a clean database without any problem and directly found my media on the local hard drive, so far so good. I waited for it to complete the index and then restored a backup from 4th of March (Dropbox backup) and that completed. It then rebooted and did a database upgrade that took about 15min. After that it looked good, the system kept on finding 1-15 new albums / songs that it indexed and then after about 5min it just randomly crashed with this message:

(Your library could not load. To avoid data loss, restore a backup now or visit our help ceter for more information)

I did it twice with the same result. I used the same backup to restore it both times, could that be the issue? I can try another date further back.

Best regards
Ronny

Hi @Ronny_Griip,

This is probably the best next step. If it works great and if not it tells us that the problem isn’t in the backups.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.