Dirac playback is distorted

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 PC
QNAP TS 251

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Using WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chord 2go.
Arcam SA30 integrated amp which has Dirac as an inbuilt feature.

Description Of Issue
Hi,

I set up the Arcam today and played some songs via Roon, but after several minutes the song gaveway to distortion similar to buffering or clipping crossed with the static sound of tuning a radio.

I am not using the Arcam amp as the Roon endpoint, I am using the Chord 2go.

I tried doing some research in the Roon community but couldn’t find anything too similar to my issue, although others seemed to be having issues where the advice was setting power-of-2 buffer size. I could not see how to achieve this, when going into the gear icon of my Go2 couldn’t see any setting for buffer size amendments.

Any advice gratefully received, thanks

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi Carl, hopefully you have enough info on my setup now?

Thanks for extra details, … could you clarify…

Is the Roon core running on the PC or the QNAP?

What is the hardware specification of the PC?

You state WiFi, are all these devices connected via Wifi?

Roon recommends, the Core is hardwire via RJ45 cable to the switch / router.

I know lots of questions, but I suspect the distortion you are hearing is down to a hardware performance issue.

Another question … Does this happy for local albums or only of streamed ones from Tidal or Qobuz?

Hi Carl

Roon Core running on PC

PC is Intel i5 processor , 8GB Ram, 64 bit operating system.

All devices connected by Wifi, Core is hardwired.

The problem occurs with local albums and streamed albums from Qobuz and Tidal

Hi Carl, any update for me

Hi @Kevin_Wynne,m

Thanks for the additional information, nothing more from me … Roon’s support team will follow up with you in due course.

1 Like