DirectoryNotReady errors in Storage Settings

Hi Jon,

I suspect you’re still in good shape here – as I mentioned in the other thread, the cardinal rule is this:

At this point, it sounds like your storage devices went offline and you removed them but I don’t have any sense that they’ve been added twice at the same time. So, you should be all set here. I suspect all you need to do is add them again and everything should be fine.

That said, I should mention that we’ve seen a lot of issues related to the storage configuration you’re running here, as it depends on Apple’s implementation of SMB network storage. In general, network storage is going to be more complex and less reliable than storage attached directly to your Core, and while there are configurations where network storage works great, we’ve found Apple’s implementation to be less reliable than most.

Is there any reason not to run both the Core and the storage device on the same machine? I think that might eliminate some of these network storage-related issues.

My only question would be the iTunes import I noticed in your screenshot – are you depending on iTunes for access to your playlists? That might complicate things slightly, but nothing insurmountable.

And just to reiterate – since you said you had a backup from when things were working, my recommendation for now would be to simply add the folders (either as a local folder if Core + storage are on the same machine, or as network storage) and see how it goes.

Let me know how it goes @alwayslearning!