"Discography Unavailable" error [resolved, networking/DNS issues]

The ROCK Core doesn’t seem to be reaching our servers at the moment, @Squeezemenicely. Is it running currently?

It should be running - I can check tomorrow.

One last thing as I am seeing very strange things in that Roon log from the win10 nuc – just give it a reboot if you haven’t already tried that.

Even basic stuff is taking nearly 1000ms to talk to us (like logging in). This is slow, but the stuff that’s taking 100 seconds or longer is just a failure.

Did a reboot - all same here. Logs still that bad?

Ok, I have started my Rock Nuc in the other location, did all the updates - and the good news is: it works and it is actually pretty fast. So that is good.

But, what is wrong with my Windows Nuc setup at the moment? I have changed the DNS entry - has that made anything better in the logs? Roon is als very slow at the moment.
BTW I also have a Virtual network running on the NUC - but was there when all was going well before.
So it is not like the problems started through that - it has been there before.
Any ideas from the log? Thanks for your help.

Do you mean a VPN?

No, HyperV - Vethernet. Running a little Virtual machine on the Nuc for Homeautomation, this uses minimal ressources.

Ah understand now, a virtual switch.

Update - I removed the HyperV and the virtual machine, restarted and tried to get everything as basic as possible.

Discography is showing now - atleast more often, very hit and miss - so some updates seemed to have collided with Windows updates - or something like that. No idea.

@support could you please check my logs now, if they are better?

This is always the case. Everyone is quick to blame the Roon updates, that’s why we created ROCK, I know there is no funny business.

Also, when I asked if anything was beyond the basics, a virtual machine and hyperv network is definitely outside the scope of “basic”.

Can you please more accurately describe your setup? Every detail please.

1 Like

This happens way too often from what I have seen…just my observation.

I bet the ntp symptom I was chasing was because Roon was inside a virtual machine with wrong bios time. Argh.

Absolutely :wink: Seems like a combination of updates from Win 10 and Roon caused Problems.

As I wrote before I have boiled it down to basics now:

Nuc - Windows 10 (newest updates)
Avira
Giga Hub
Fritz 7590 router
ISP Telekom 250 DSL
No virtual machine running anymore.

Now it is better, but not really as good as it could/should be.
Discography showing up on some, not others.
Still not really blazing fast…

From a web browser, how is it visiting roonlabs.com/account ? Sluggish?

How about translations.roonlabs.net?

Both instant and fast

What browser? Try the built in browser? Edge?

EDGE and just tried Chrome.

Both fast and instant.
Edge maybe a tiny bit quicker - but could be imagination

Changed DNS in router to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and accessing the 2 addresses on the Nuc are superfast.

did roon get faster too with 1.1.1.1?

no, sadly not. No idea what is wrong. But the dicography error is happening with most artists and even Overview takes quite a while to find and load the albums.
With the first updates of 1.8 everything was snappy on my system - even with the Virtual machine etc. But now it is just really laggy.