Discovered Tidal MASTER / MQA Albums

Well, what you hope will change and what I hope will change are completely different. So I’d be careful about using “we”.

Thanks for creating this shared database!

Just added three titles…

Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra

Sam Beam/Jesca Hoop: Love Letter for Fire

The B-52’s: The Complete Studio Album Collection 1979 - 1992

The Royal ‘We’ in this case, that’s me. If people don’t want MQA from other labels then they are in the wrong thread.

Folks need to remember how SACD was launched. It took years of shuffling through boxes of discs at Hifi shows to find any titles. High street shops didn’t have any. When the did they were often hidden amongst normal CD’s.
Internet shopping made that easier over time of course. High street is dead etc etc.

I have to disagree that "only existing high res has been issued as MQA. That isn’t the case. There are several notably modern albums that are out there. Of course the decades old faves will be in all other formats as well. That is inevitable as they are faves.

I can understand that if you have already coughed up your $20 for a DSD or 192/24 album you may be less interested in yet another version. No harm in trying it if you have the Tidal access and the hardware. I have checked out hundreds of MQA albums and the results are very positive in the vast majority of cases. Easy to hear the improvements. Those that don’t float my boat never did anyway.

3 Likes

Daniel, surely you do want many other labels to join the party? If not, why not?

1 Like

Still wondering, primarily, if playlist exports are limited to 15 files?

I am seeing lots of double albums in TIDAL, but both are HiFi, neither MQA. What gives?

Different mastering, I believe.

Uriah Heep, very Eavy Very Humble. I saw it for sale in HD Tracks so looked on Tidal and there it is. Love it or hate it but 24/48. Chris

1 Like

Another small step forward for MQA in Tidal. MQA titles now have a boxed “M” on the album cover to denote a MQA title. Unfortunatley the Masters list still only shows 537 of the ~2500 titles currently identified by users. You can find additional titles by calling up a Artist and then list all of their albums to see which are MQA as denoted by the “M” in a box.

As far as I can tell the “M” only shows up in the actual Tidal ap and does not carry over to Tidal within Roon. Lets hope this changes shortly

5 Likes

MQA /Master playlists are now up. Good chance to add them to faves and test out some tracks you may not have grabbed the album for yet.

Add via the desktop app for now and sync.

Gorillaz seems to have been added, or did I miss these earlier?

Gorillaz has been up for a week or two.

And…D-Sides…Dare DFA mix is one of top faves.

@ncpl
Hi Nick !
Is there a way to play these (Masters / MQA) Tidal playlists through Roon ?
I’ve favourited them on the Tidal App, but looking through all the Tidal options on Roon, I can’t find them anywhere…

You may need to go into settings and sync the Tidal account.

When sync’d the playlists are shown in the playlist menu.

Check you are showing all shared playlists not just single user.

3 Likes

Thanks Nick: toggling Shared Playlists fixed it !

How do you do this? I see only my playlists and can’t find anything in settings?

@Greg_Hill1
Have you emulated the 3 screen shots I posted above ?

Just checked tonight Christine & The Queens, Phoenix with Bankrupt and the new Jesus & The Mary Chain now also showing up as Masters though there did seem to be a problem with playing the Phoenix album but I did manage to get it working in the end

This is the day I have been waiting for. I set up Rodney Crowell’s latest album just released today (31-March-17) via Tidal and Roon and to my surprise the display on my 808v6 showed the album playing MQA. and 96k on the day of release!!! This is what I want from MQA new music available upon release and not just more reissues of the SOS.

1 Like