Display and embedded synchronised lyrics

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC
Roon Core is running as docker image on LibreElec

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core to Fritz!Box 7490: 1GB fiber
Computer where the screenshots were made: 1GB CAT 7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I think that’ not relevant.

Description Of Issue
When playing a track with embedded synchronized lyrics, the lyrics are displayed as desired in real time.

When playing another track, whether from the same album or another album, the lyrics from the previous track will be displayed.

When I reload the page in the browser, the lyrics disappear, as it should, because there are no embedded synchronised lyrics.

The same happens when a song with synchronized lyrics provided by roon is played after the song with embedded synchronized lyrics. The lyrics of the previous song has disappeared.

If I replay the track with the embedded synchronized lyrics after playing other tracks, the embedded synchronized lyrics will not be displayed at all until I reload the page in the browser.

This problem doesn’t seem to be browser-specific because I’ve observed this behavior in both Chrome and Firefox on Linux.

This problem exists only in a browser, not in the roon app.

For embedded lyrics I use the lyrics tag with the following format (no header tags):
[00:10.44]Was das für Fragen wieder sind und sie stapeln sich innen drin
[00:13.37] …

I use MusicBrainz Picard for editing tags.

Thanks for the report, @florib. I’ve passed this information along to the team for investigation and I’ll follow up once I have their feedback.

@dylan

I don’t know if this has anything to do with the problem I mentioned.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have set the focus to “has no lyrics”. But songs with embedded synchronized lyrics are still displayed:

Hi @florib,

This is not related to the prior issue that the team is investigating. The behavior you’re seeing is expected:

Lyrics and lyrics with timecodes are, two Roon, two separate things. When you Focus on Has Lyrics, this is only focusing on standard lyrics and not those with timecodes. For most lyrics coming from our metadata providers, this is not an issue because there are both standard lyrics and timecode lyrics. If you’re only adding timecode lyrics via your files, though, this is expected.

We do not currently have a focus option for lyrics with timecodes, but I would recommend posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community. We appreciate the feedback!

The problem seems to have been solved.

I had paragraphs/blank lines between some lyric lines which I have now removed and so it seems to work.

Wrong:

[00:50.88]Ich bleib oft unbeschadet und da is selten was wahr dran

[00:53.49]Atmen und atmen lassen

Correct:

This is correct too:

[00:52.00]

I hope I’m not overjoyed too soon.
Sorry for the trouble.
I will mark this as solved after I have tested this more intensively.

Okay. I was too hasty. The problem still exists.

Hi @florib,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi @dylan,

With the upgrade to Roon 1.7 (Build 521) the problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for your support and for fixing this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.