Display issue with Chromecasting on Sony Bravia TV [Roon Investigating]

YES! It’s a Sony Bravia 2015 :triumph:

I closed the other thread you started on the same subject.
It doesn’t help to create multiple threads for the same problem rather the opposite usually.
Thank you for your cooperation

1 Like

Sorry! I thought this topic was better in ‘support’ than ‘software’.

Indeed… by ‘use’ I meant ‘display’. I’m not casting audio to the TV, just trying to show album info.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but now I’m able to display album art to a web browser. But trying to display on my Sony Bravia the screen turns black.

Yes, I have the latest version of Roon, I restarted the core several times, I removed Roon bridge, my Sony has the latest software, I can stream YouTube from my iPad to my TV, …

Frustrating experience during my trial period :pensive:

Agreed so I moved this one to support with all the information in it so far.

I hope this is a temporary issue. I can confirm that it has worked before on my 2015 Sony Bravia TV. I haven’t used it recently, so I don’t know when this issue was introduced, but considering the other support topic that I shared before is fairly recent, I suspect this issue was introduced only recently. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for pointing out it’s probably a bug.

Hi Sven,

Is there a way to escalate this to Roon as a bug?

I’m just a user like you.
The Roon support staff do follow up on topics in the Support section, so they should get around to it. Note though that their support is typically not active on weekends.

If this is somehow preventing you from doing a full trial, you might be able to get an extension on your trial period.

I can assure you that Roon are fully aware of this and will update with further information when they can.
Thank you.

1 Like

Just a fellow user

Is there a firmware update for the TV?

Nope, I tried.

When hitting ‘Display now’, normally the caption changes to ‘Stop display’, but it doesn’t. It stays ‘Display now’. Another hint: my tv is listed in the audio devices, with a button ‘Enable’. That button doesn’t work either.

Hi @Serge_Nelissen,

Apologies for the delay in replying to your thread! Our team is investigating this issue - we’re seeing a few other reports tied to the same model TV.

However, you mention you can’t use any display at all. Do you have other options you can test, outside of the Bravia?

What happens specifically in these situations?

Thanks for your time Serge :pray:

Hi Benjamin,

No problem anymore with web browsers. It works fine now (why? I don’t know). The issue with the Bravia remains. I mentioned in another thread: clicking on ‘Display Now’ doesn’t modify the state of the ‘button’. When trying to active it in the audio screen ‘other network devices’ with the ‘Enable button, nothing happens.

BTW… why can’t we use an Apple TV as a display?

Serge

Hi @Serge_Nelissen, @SvenM and @Christian_Youlton,

I’ve merged your threads all into a single thread for better tracking. Our team is investigating things more and I hope to have more information to share soon.

In the meantime, if you are using a dual-band wireless router, make sure your devices are connected to the same wifi frequency.

If already on the same wifi band, please try:

1. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
  • Select AppsSee all appsShow System appsCast function appsClear DataOK.
  • Select AppsCast function appsClear DataOK.

Thanks for your patience :+1:

2 Likes

Tried… it doesn’t solve the problem

Already tried and nothing has changed

Hi @Serge_Nelissen and @Christian_Youlton,

Lets also ensure / reenable the built in chromecast app for the TV:

• Select AppsSee all appsShow system appsChromecast built-in or Google Cast ReceiverEnable. (Android 9 or later)
  • Select AppsChromecast built-in or Google Cast ReceiverEnable. (Android 8.0 or earlier)