Display issues on 1.8 B778 [Resolved - B783]

Same issue here. Support ticket raised.
Roon Team, what are you doing, really?

All others affected, change to light theme, it would be relatively more legible.

Having the same problem, I started a thread last night and then saw this one. I have an older machine with an intel I3, Graphics card updated, will report back on model. The machine has been refreshed with new hard drives, runs perfect until this last update. Works fine on iPad as remote, so I can hold out for a fix.

Same problem here. Older i7 with intel HD graphics. Worked fine til latest update. No new drivers available from intel.

CPU B 960 @ 2.20 GHz
Intel® HD Graphics
It can be seen that everything is different for everyone, but there is only one problem. Team Roon, you’re screwed.

Album art missing on my Naim NDX2 Streamer for both my own files and Tidal

1 Like
Device name DESKTOP-GUPES1D
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID BE68E8A7-6563-496C-9AF5-38A668F1DB35
Product ID 00326-03509-89502-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Intel® Core i5 2400 @2.5 GHz

So how do I down grade to the older build so I cn use my hypr expensive piece of software here!?!?!?

3 Likes

Same issue.

CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics

Any updates @Support?

Intel HD Graphics 3000

Intel Core™ i7 - 2540M CPU @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz

Hi Dylan. I’ve got an i7-2600K CPU and an Intel HD3000 GPU.

That CPU is from 2010 and had HD Graphics (Ironlake) - Intel the very first Intel integrated gaphics, which, were not really ready - not fully functional. Limited DX support, etc. I would seriously think about upgrading that device. If it is a desktop, then just get a new graphics card ~ 35 USD and install it.

I just down graded and things are back for now. Highly reccomend getting off the new build until this is worked out.

2 Likes

AFAIK Roon archives no previous versions or builds. How do you “downgrade”?

search yur dl folder for an older installer. I had one

2 Likes

CPU: Intel Core i3 CPU 2120 @ 3.3GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics

the Roon installer version 1.7 B 710 was saved, installed and everything worked, but it asks to update , and if I update, everything will disappear again.

The music didn’t play for long, as soon as you left Roon and re-entered, everything was gone again. alas, we must wait for the Roon team to correct their mistakes

As you have the 1.7 installer you can reinstall, then make sure you tell Roon not to install updates.

Settings>About

Click the cog icon next to the entry for your core, and possibly remote depending on your setup, and select ‘Ask before downloading any updates’.

You will have to dismiss the update prompt each time you startup Roon.

Just a general note for others:

Roon 1.7 can be downloaded via the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine:

Scroll down the page to see the seperate Roon, Server, and Remote downloads, etc…

This is the last snapshot they have of 1.7 - I believe these are the downloads for the penultimate build of 1.7 (Build 610).

Just a word of warning: if you don’t have a backup created in 1.7 you might run the risk of issues with your database (going back to 1.7, and then back to 1.8 isn’t a standard database update process).

Ideally, with a backup from 1.7, you could completely uninstall Roon 1.8 and the database, then install 1.7 and restore the backup.

Alternatively, if it is possible while subject to the video bug, you can make a backup in 1.8, and then restore once the issue is fixed and you upgrade to 1.8. Obviously any changes you make to your database in 1.7 will not be perserved if something goes wrong during the update.

1 Like

OR the Roon Team could release a fix in a timely fashion? (@Support)

1 Like

Same situation here. I updated Windows 10, uninstalled 1.8 (not database) and re-installed. Same problem of incomplete album art, as pictured above.

Despite using an old laptop, it’s only since updating the software last night that this has occurred.

I re installed version 1.7 and everything is okay.

My laptop details: Packard Bell Easynote LJ75 x64
Intel core i3cpu 3.13 ghz
RAM 4GB

@dylan

GPU Intel HD Graphics 3000
CPU Intel Core i5 2520