Distorted sound (Devialet and ROCK)

Do you mean to add the Devialet her with ip ending with 10? I can see all my devices on my network her, all except the Devialet?

Will try to install the firmware one more time.

No. Change the dhcp server range on your router to start at 20 instead of 2. It will require a router reboot.

Then in the devialet configuration use a fixed ip address of say 10. Something outside the dhcp range to avoid collisions.

I understood the dhcp range setting, I was wondering why I can’t see Devialet in the drop down list?
TV, laptops, NAS , ROCK and everything else is there,but not the Devialet? Just updated the firmware, will do a test and then set a fix ip it doesn’t help.

So far so so good, been playing for near and hour without any problem.Been trying to stress the system a little but it is sound very good. I has been playing OK for a few hours before, need to do some more testing before i’m convinced it OK.

The issue is back again. I change the ip range of the router and set a fix ip on the Devialet, what more do I need to do on the router? I mention the Devialet did not show on the list of Devices on the router. I have another room just 220 connect it and the show up on the list as shown under. But not the one in my living room? Also I’m not able to login in to the router with ethernet (cable) but now problem from wifi?

Do you have noise issues with the other Devialet?

I have not tested it over time (I don’t use that room much). It’s lot of work to disconnect everything in my living room and change units. I played for a few hours with out a problem yesterday so a quick test is not enough. I just wanted to do litte test on wifi so I made a config file for my Devialet and turned of ethernet and enabled wifi. After I restarted it , it still on ethernet and now it shows up on the list in the router? I have no clue whats happening…
220%20x2

I have changed the range to start from 5 and tried to set a fix ip .4 on the Devialet. Restared the router the other devices got a new ip but I can not see the Devialet on my network after the restart. I also added the Devialet to the Assign ip around the dhcp list with ip .4

Is it stable without upsampling? If so I’d survive that way till RAAT becomes available from Devialet. 1000s of man hours have been spent trying to get Air working stable over the years by many owners. Sooner or later it just isn’t worth it.

I eventually I just used USB from a computer and finally moved on completely. Best decision I ever made.

I just switched units, and it seems to be the same issue… :confused:
I don’t think the up-sampling is the issue anymore, when I turned if off there was still an issue. I have a Logitech Transporter I bought as a backup to Air before getting the Devialet (only tested it a week), but it doesn’t sound as good as Air.

It will sound better than noise and has AES output which is usually the preferred input on Devialet.

Again only a temp solution till RAAT comes in the usual Devialet delivery time… 1-3 years.

I just switched to AES, it’s supposed to bee better according to the designer of TP. Let’s just hope the Devialet get Roon certified ASAP.
Thanks for all your input.

@support
I gave up! :unamused:
Any info about the Roon certification of Devialet you can share?

Hello @ToreB,

We are investigating some Devialet reports but do not have any additional information regarding certification that we can share at this time.

I am not sure if you have tried USB mode for your Devialet but it would be interesting to know if it works as expected.

Thanks,
Noris

Now I blame Devialet. I can only play 44.1/16 for a short time before I get dropouts or “digital noise”. On my backup, a Transporter that came on the marked in 2006, I can play 96/24 (max supported) while I simultaneously stream 4K from Netflix on my network, so I don’t think I have network problem either.

Not tried usb, will not have the nuc in my living room. Apple Air seem to work OK, just not Devialet Air with the same 44/16. I also remember now that I only used my Devialet with the CI card for a short period before my licence ended in april, it was the D200 without the CI card that was very stable with Roon for a long time.

EDIT: I can move the nuc just for testing if it gives you any value for troubleshooting.

@noris
I have now testet with USB, no problem (didn’t know that is supported 192/32 on USB). The sound was not on level with Ethernet so I don’t recommend anyone to use ROCK-> USB-> Devialet if you want the best possible SQ,

Hi @ToreB,

Thanks for letting me know that USB does not have the same issues as the Ethernet implementation. Has anything changed in your setup when compared to when it was working previously on your other Core? Have there been any router changes, firmware upgrades, cables being swapped, ect?

I have put in a request for the hardware team to take a closer look at the Devialet equipment we have in house but it does seem strange that just changing the Core caused this behavior to pop up.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris oris. At first there was nothing changed other than the latest fw for Devialet (13.0), everything was connected as it was in April, I just logged in to my mac mini and expected it to work as it used to. Then I put together a ROCK to replace my mac mini, still not working. Then I read in your KB that you was not big a fan of Appple routers so I bought a Asus router, because I was pretty sure you would point at that (the Asus router is set up with multi-casting ref. your KB, and has the last fw). I have tried with two units (I have a 440 (2x 220)) and they behave the same. I have also re- installed the last fw and created new setup files for both of them.

-Tore

Hi @ToreB,

Thanks for providing that information. I have asked the hardware team to investigate this issue further but one other thing that may be helpful here – if you make a backup of your current database and temporarily try using the old Core, does the issue still occur?

I am not sure if you already did this but if you can clarify a bit that would be good info to have.

Thanks,
Noris