Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”

Very clear. Money in the pocket of certain sellers.

1 Like

Is this crystal optimization done by a virgin in a cave with 150 year old scottish air, while a unicorn is supervising?

Money talks it’s not a lie…I heard it once - it said goodbye

7 Likes

Whatever you buy it says goodbye.
Good friend of mine told me he would never invest more than 100$ declaring his belonging to so called group of “Ropieee Happy people” (This reminded me on “Shiny Happy People” by R.E.M)

1 Like

Im a “Ropieee happy people” too…there are 2 more that I missed powering up…12 in all in the house but not all active normally about 6 active all the time and 2 of the LCD ones are display for DACs in those zones

2 Likes

“boodwah” :rofl:

1 Like

I live by the sea. Please leave the gulls out of it! :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately the marketing details or not very clear on those important points.

For those that think switches make a difference, please read the following post concerning how RAAT works. RAAT and clock ownership

Becomes more and more interesting with more and more competitors…
https://hifipig.com/russ-andrews-launches-the-network-switch/#more-62041

1 Like

The article starts off with a bang. Doesn’t make it two sentences without the first lie.

Timing is irrelevant at the Ethernet layer.

4 Likes

Not bang for the buck, though.

Remind me, what’s that thing again that happens every minute?

Could you please explain it to the network/ethernet illiterates?

Your DAC endpoint buffers the signal and control the timing. The timing in the network is irrelevant

I see, so it does not impact the SQ, let’s say if the frame #2 arrives at the DAC after 2 secs from frame #1, frame #3 5 secs, frame #4 0.5 secs and so on?

The buffer and network take care of that. If you had problems you would hear drop outs.

19 posts were split to a new topic: Stuttering issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: Stuttering issue

I’ve moved a number of posts to a new topic in the #support category where the problem can be better dealt with and this thread can return to the original topic.

3 Likes