Does the NAD C700 support RAAT?

Then it’s likely something Bluos has done, not Roon.
Sometimes 2+2 does =4…
Have you checked in with Bluos support to get their take?

1 Like

Oh well. Spoke too early. Just updated BluOS firmware and lo and behold… I’ve got it too now :rofl: Also don’t remember “Amplifier” ever being in the signal path before the update.

PS: I’ve raised this with BluOS here now.

1 Like

Good let’s see what they will tell about that
But this is worrying
The signal path in Roon depending on manufacturers updates: sometimes Lossless, sometimes Enhanced, depends on your state of mind of the day …

Good man!
Be interesting to see what they say because AFAIK Roon only reports what it “sees” from the other equipment and as this change in signal path coincided with a Bluos update they have to had changed something in the reporting area.

2 Likes

Just updating my PowerNode 2i now to see what’s happening… FOMO Taking over :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I am not worried about the enhanced bit. Can’t tell a difference in sound :grinning: At this point I am merely curious.

I can tell you what Bluesound will say and it’s the same answer I get from them every si single time: You need to contact Roon or NAD :rofl:

2 Likes

Be strong Michael. The force is with you.

1 Like

Since this change is also on the Powernode maybe they will be more helpful
Unless BluOS tells you to contact Bluesound ….

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that.

1 Like

It’s a possibility :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Welcome Tim.

Too late Raz the update is installed.
I will test later :grin:

3 Likes

Taking one for the team…that’s the spirit!
:relaxed:

3 Likes

You’ll probably get the same result. Just make sure you disable all the signal processing you’ve got going on. I know how much you like it :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What… Turn off all my settings… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

So you peer pressured me into it :nerd_face:

The Bass management is my sub woofer crossover settings on the amp and that was there before, but I am not sure I ever noticed the Amplifier section before.

Another interesting thing was when I took DSP off it stayed paused until I restarted the music, but that could be me (yet again)

1 Like

I’ve thought about it again and again and I am 100% certain the amplifier bit was never ever in my signal path and that’s what causes the signal to be enhanced.

Tagging @support hoping they may know what this is all about since the BluOS update today had “Roon improvements”

I’m going to have to agree with you, as I was playing music when this thread started and I’m pretty sure I only had Bass management (though already doubting myself on that)

That’s right
I noticed this as soon as I updated the C700

1 Like