Does the NAD C700 support RAAT?

I’d agree. You are not going doolaalee the amplifier bit of the path was not there until today. And while it doesn’t seem to have affected the listening experience it’s bugging me a bit my dot isn’t purple. #firstworldproblems hehe

3 Likes

I like your dedication to the purple dot :+1:t2:
Mine moved to enhanced as soon as I plugged my sub woofer in and set up the cross over

As predicted… :rofl:

2 Likes

Smarty pants :+1: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

1 Like

So it’s up to the boys at Roon for an explanation now, which they are not likely to see in a rush in here and it’s a holiday weekend…

@support.
??

I did say they would either refer me back to Roon or NAD :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well thanks for trying. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks and likewise Tim.

Yes but in this case they answered clearly that it was a requirement from Roon
So logically we need some insight from our friends from @support
Hope this is reversible !
We want ! The purple dot!
We need ! The purple dot!
A lot !

3 Likes

@kevin

Hello matey. Could you please have a look at this and let us know what happened?

Only read the last posts from 5-6 days ago. No need to start from the first one :slight_smile:

Still no input from @support about this?

Firmware update this morning but no change. No release notes on BluOS website yet.

Hi All,

The “Equalizer” element should appear as “enhanced” as it is a non-bit-perfect operation on the audio stream.

We’re working with NAD and Bluesound to get the “Analog Amplifier” element to appear as “lossless” in a future update.

-John

5 Likes

Many thanks for this John
Another question about what you just mentioned on the signal path. For instance with the Bowers & Wilkins Formation devices, enabling the equalizer inside the BW app does not change the signal path into Enhanced. It simply sees the Analog amplifier as lossless and doesn’t see any EQ. Does this mean that EQ in BW is made in the analog domain while that of BluOS is made in the digital domain?
Sorry for my ignorance if it is the case but this kind of detail interests me.
Best

Hi @john

Any joy with this one?

In case it’s useful I stumbled across this in the logs from my 2021 Powernode. it looks like Roon takes the capabilities of the player from the device itself, and in this case the Powernode - and I’m guessing the other BluOS devices - are reporting into Roon as follows:

So it looks like BluOS is specifying two nodes in the signal path for MQA, with the Amp always being marked as ‘Enhanced’.

@support - Any joy with this one?

Just realised the actual XML I’d pasted into my reply had been stripped out - I’ll try again:

<raat mqa_renderer="true" useModel="1">
			<signalPath type="amplifier" method="analog" quality="enhanced"/>
			<signalPath type="output" method="speakers" quality="lossless"/>
</raat>

@support - could we please have an update on this?

This requires a blue sound update to resolve, I would suggest reaching out to them (again) to see if there are any updates.

It is up to the device to notify Roon of any additional signal path stages. When we tested this device, there was no EQ capability. We’ll reach out to Bowers and we suggest you do the same.