Downgrade If I dont Like 1.8

@danny - Because I read every word of the 6 paragraphs of the IOS release notes and there was no mention at all that this would render the app completely unuseable with my existing 1.7 core, so I came to the not-unreasonable conculusion that it was safe to upgrade it even if I was planning to keep my core at 1.7…

1 Like

We will make sure it includes that in the future.

Take note that all releases of apps + cores are usually in lockstep and while it may work kinda ok, stability is always at risk if they are not the same (or latest).

As for your current situation, I know it’s not what you wanted, but you have no choice now to take 1.8 on your Core. Apple will not let you go backwards and 1.7 and 1.8 are not compatible.

… and ad hominem attack in the next paragraph

A post was split to a new topic: Roon 1.8 not working for me

On a computer with a keyboard, just type a letter and the screen will index to that point. If you are sorted by artist, type a letter of the artist name. If sorted by album, the album title.
The scroll bar is indexed on tablets/phones.

“Hey Siri … Tell Roon to play Lazyboy in the living room” isn’t working … I want my money back :wink:

Fully agree that 1.8 ended up being a major fiasco. Too bad we can’t go back to 1.7 which actually functioned correctly.

2 Likes

I am on 1.8 on my core (windows PC) and two android remotes.

How can I actually downgrade?

1 Like

I like 1.8 so far. Admittedly, it’s very different to 1.7.

You’re always gonna get people who love the changes, and those who hate the changes. The crux is, is that people at heart don’t really like ‘change’. The older I get, the more I recognise and acknowledge this reality.

Just think Windows 7 to Windows 8! But who doesn’t use Windows 10 on a PC now…?

2 Likes

Does anyone know a solution how we can download the ipad remote for 1.7. I want to use the 1.7 as long as roon allows us.

1 Like

Is it posslble for Roon to put Roon remote for 1.7 as a seperate app in the appstore

4 Likes

I would like to see 1.7 mobile again too. Removed covers from playlist view is no go from me. They helped me in fast navigating through long playlists. Now I am stuck with reading titles and artists. Seriously, why? At least let to choose in settings.

Sorry, I am missing the argument…

Unfortunately you can’t… Apple doesn’t allow downgrades. Which would have been acceptable if Roon had informed users in the release notes that 1.8 IOS app would not work with 1.7 core, but…

This was always going to be a situation, people not happy. Well, my advice for what its worth (Not much I know) is spend some time with 1.8, listening to and exploring music. You can’t go back anyway (fact) Then as you give it time (let’s say you don’t post for a few days), post considered thoughts and observations with ideas to remedy things. That way, we all get the benefits as Roon evolves.
Also, we don’t all get everything we want, the Rolling Stones wrote a song about that :joy:

4 Likes

I knew that already but i did not think that i would ever want to downgrade. I will be more careful next time

1 Like

My Roon Core updated automatic :frowning:

Would love to spend time with Roon 1.8 if it had not bricked my system. According to 1.8 I no longer have raspberry pi4 nor does my topping DAC exist. Give it a chance?

2 Likes

Looking at your posts I see that Support have asked you for further information. You seem reluctant to provide this. Roon is a fairly complex network audio solution and, when it doesn’t work, it takes some diagnosing.

Why don’t you work with Roon to seek a solution? Surely that would be better than perpetually restating your problems!

1 Like

Is the system literally ‘bricked’ or is the major problem the loss of your endpoints?
Not trying to minimize your issue either way. But rebooting (restarting RoonServer in my case) gave me my endpoints back.