Downsampling from Roon via. Mac to Moon 230HAD

Hi,

My setup
Im playing audio from roon + tidal via my mac which is connected to an external amp/dac through usb. It’s a moon 230HAD, and supports pcm sample rates from 44,1khz to 384khz and dsd 64-256.

My problem
When playing high res audio (352,8khz) the led indicator on my dac shows 88,2khz.
This happens only when exclusive mode is enabled.
Why is this, and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Tidal does not have any files that high. Are you playing MQA files? If so, then Roon is doing the first decode which is either 88.2 or 96. The 384 that is shown is only a label telling you the source resolution. Not what you get during playback.

Hi @Marius_Olsen,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when you have the high-res content playing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.