Drop Out Issues

Really dissatisfied with the amount of dropouts roon is having

@man_cavehifi I moved your post to a new topic. It is always better to start a new topic for support than to add onto an old thread…

That being said, I’m sure the support crew will want to know some basic information about the hardware, the network, specific descriptions about the drop-outs, (like 44.1 plays fine but 24/96 drops out, or local music plays fine but I get drop outs with Tidal, or I get drop outs no matter what I play which is … , etc)

Hi @man_cavehifi ----- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear of the troubles.

As @Rugby has mentioned, the more information you are able to provide us in regard to your setup and this behavior you’re experiencing, the easier it will be for us to evaluate :wink:

Furthermore, our knowledge base offers good insight on what can cause audio dropouts to occur and the best method(s) for troubleshooting them. If you haven’t already, can you please give the article a read and let me know what troubleshooting you’ve tried?

-Eric

I run an antipodes edge renderer roon ready. I’m serving up the files on a Intel KabyLake Core i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, 8MB, LGA1151 . 16gb ram. Source is predominantly tidal. Have a small local library of ~300 albums. The only thing I would improve if I could would be a wired connection to pc. Currently wireless but I’m on fiber here in NZ so I see no reason why it wouldn’t cope. Streams 4k Netflix no dramas

Hi @man_cavehifi ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing some information in regard to your current setup.

Moving forward, can you please provide me with the following:

• A description of your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of what the chain of communication looks like and all the devices involved.

• If you bypass your endpoints and play directly out of the device hosting your Roon core, say via the internal speakers or to a set of ear phones, do you still get dropouts?

• How does your local music perform versus TIDAL content? Less dropouts? More dropouts? Same amount?

• If you play TIDAL content via the TIDAL application, do you get dropouts?

• Are you doing any upsampling via the DSP engine?

As mentioned, the more information you provide us, in regard to the behavior your reporting/your setup the easier it will be to evaluate what could be the cause of this issue. Did you get a chance to read the provided article, in my post?

-Eric