Dropouts happening [resolved: network issues]

@danny . If you read the thread posts, you see that other Roon customers offered help with network suggestions which I did implement. I ended up putting the core on another machine - which I also provided as an update in my posts. I also spoke with Synology and Verizon all verifying pings off the machine and confirming network availability, which I also included in my posts…… not sure how you say these items weren’t addressed or attempted to be addressed on my end, when I clearly shared everything that I did and attempted to do. Thanks

I did not use those words, nor was it my intention to imply that you did anything wrong or unhelpful.

I’m saying that the logs I looked at before were full of network issues (DNS failures), and that was surely the cause of many issues that happened during that session.

I was trying to eliminate the audio device from the equation by having you play to system output, but that failed due to something wrong with the audio stack on your windows operating system.

I don’t think your network to the outside world is bad. You have a great FIOS connection.

Now that you’ve switched the Roon Core machine, can you confirm if playing to system output works?

Sorry for the delayed response. The system output works on the other machine.

Ok so tell me what that other machine setup is and what does and doesn’t work.

Since my last post, I was able to hook up to my core an ethernet cable that I fished earlier today that is directly connected to my Fios router and bypassed all other connection and potential failure points and now the new core is singing. I appreciate your patience with me and all the troubleshooting has gotten me to a better place. I just need to test the raspberry pi4’s and chrome cast tomorrow. Thank you again

So what changed? What was eliminated? We get this situation all the time, and it’s good for us to understand how to more effectively help others by understanding what changes fix things.

1 Like

Just my suspicion but either the the FIOS network endpoint switch was too much of a bottle neck for Roon’s bandwidth needs and/or one of the coaxial moca splitters in my network path was failing and causing issues and this was in addition to issues with the original Roon core PC. I believe it was most likely the moca coaxial splitter.

What did I do - I hardwired the core directly to the fios router, and replaced the two moca coaxial splitters in my house. Now the core is working, and I’ve tested my other Roon endpoints this morning and all are connecting. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.