Dropouts when up-sampling Internet FLAC radio

Hi @support

I notice when I play Internet FLAC radio and do a PCM up-sampling I get occasional dropouts. A close inspection shows a dramatic different on the processing speed between MP3 and FLAC radio stream. See below:

For FLAC internet radio with up-sampling shows 3.2x processing speed…

For MP3 internet radio with up-sampling shows 30.1x processing speed!

For local contents PCM up-sampling, it will always hover around >30x.

Hello @MusicFidelity,

Thanks for contacting support, the feedback is always appreciated! This is indeed a strange issue that you seem to be having. Moving forward, I have enabled diagnostics mode on your account and what this will do is next time your Core is active a log report will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers. I will be sure to update you on the case after it has reached QA for analysis. I appreciate your patience here while we look into what could be causing the dropouts.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you @noris

You may want to try Rondo Classic Klasu Pro,

http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac

The strange thing is at times, the processing index drop down to around ~ 3x below and at times the same FLAC radio went back to ~25x and above.

Hey @MusicFidelity ,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we just released build 339 of Roon, which includes a fix for slow processing speeds when applying DSP to a FLAC based radio station. Please give this update a go and let us know if you’re still experiencing any difficulties.

You can read more about this release here:

We genuinely appreciate your patience here!

Kind regards,
Dylan

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with convolution filter and internet radio