Duplicate Albums and Missing album Artwork

This looks to be a case where the K’Naan album is the deluxe version. It also has the added bonus of several ‘featuring artist…’ tracks. So the extra versions of that album are where the featured artist got split out.
edit: I see there is a deluxe version of this album listed in both Tidal and Qobuz. So you will probably be able to have Roon find it via Identify Album. Sorry, I’m not an expert at doing that though…

I sent a few hours and used Roon to merge many files. So far it looks ao. But I am wondering, given that I synch Roon with iTunes - when it next synchs will it revert to iTunes or let my changes remain? Also since I only use iTunes as a means to import music is it possible for me to “export” my library so it is no longer associated with iTunes and is just managed by Roon? And if I can do that how do I import CDs or digital files directly to Roon? Lots of questions!

Hi @Joe_Bornstein,

Your edits will remain even after a sync with iTunes.

There shouldn’t be any problems with using iTunes, but if you did want to move away from it, you could store your media in any location and add that location as a watched folder in Roon. This can be another location on the internal drive, a USB drive, or a NAS.

If you plan on moving your library, I advise that you first make a backup. After making a backup, follow the instructions outlined here.

Thanks. How would I add CDs or digital albums to Roon directly?

Hi @Joe_Bornstein,

If you already have them stored in a location on your computer you can just add the files to that location and Roon will pick it up automatically if it’s already added as a watched folder. You can also drag and drop files into Roon and they will be added.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.