Duplicate Artist which cannot be merged/changed [Ticket open]

I encountered a weird behavior with one artist in my library. I have some albums of the band Humble Pie in my collection. I am pretty sure that this issue wasn’t there in the beginning. When I now browse through my artists I can see the same entry twice:

Humble_Pie_1

When I try to merge the artists shown it tells me that both are in fact the same:

Besides being not very attractive when looking through the artists, it also shows a bit more nasty when selecting an album:

How can I solve that issue?

Ralf.

Hi @Ralf_Karpa,

When you click each of the artists listed here does it take you to the same artist page?

We are currently investigating similar behavior. We don’t have any exact timelines we can provide for a solution here, but I’ll be sure to update this thread when more information becomes available.

Thanks for the report!

Hi Dylan,

appreciate investigation of this odd behavior…

Yes, in this case it takes me to the same page.

I rebooted the server where the core is running on and for the artist Humble Pie it was gone. However, I looked through my artists and have multiple of these. Some can be merged into a single one, but most of them cannot.

Ralf.

Is there anything like logs, database(-dumps), I could help with to resolve the issue?

Hello @Ralf_Karpa,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers. Any additional logs or database dumps is not needed at this moment.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

– Noris

Hi Noris, thanks for the update.

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

Hello @Ralf_Karpa,

I don’t have any updates for you at the present time for this issue but I’ll be sure to let you know once QA has looked over the ticket and completed their investigation.

Thanks,
Noris

@noris, I checked after 1.6 release update and the issue is still there

I’m experiencing the same issue. For me it started with my update to 1.6. :frowning:

It’s good to see the folks at Roon were able to duplicate this. Here’s hoping for a fix soon.

Same here. Started with 1.5.

same here

Madonna
Neil Young
Martika
Robbie Robertson

All but madonna have different artist page picture

All have two pages and not all albums appear

Anything happens with this?
Everyday new duplicates show up

Hi @Mikael_Rasmussen,

I checked our internal tracker and confirmed that this is still with our development team. We will be sure to keep you all updated here once new information is available.

Also, just to clarify, this is about artists with duplicates that can’t be merged and both artists take you to the same artist page. There may be cases where there are actual duplicate artists where a merge would resolve.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a change here in Roon 1.6 (Build 416) that we believe should address this behavior. Please update Roon and let us know if you’re still seeing any issues. You can read the full release notes here:

1 Like

Right now it does look fine for me. No duplicates seen.