Duplicates, Duplicates, Duplicates........Help!

@Mark_Wexler —— Glad to hear the proposed has yielded a positive change with your library and that the total album count is close to what you had been expecting. In regard to your latest….

1. Should I set up backup to This Mac-Music Server
  • I would not continue to store backups in the same directory that your music is is being watched in. If you have a different storage location you can use for this function I would recommend routing your Roon backups there.
  1. Should I enable Music Folder that was in the screen above.
  • This is not necessary.
  1. I do have a couple of metadata problems. Example : Sting Brand New Day…see snapshot of song listing which is obviously not right. Or should I just hide it and reload the disc.
  • Keep in mind that hiding it and then reloading is going to cause you to end up with a duplicate. This of it like this. The “hide function” just prevents the album from being displayed but it is still in your watch folder, so adding the same album again after it has been hidden will cause problems. Can you provide a screenshot of this entire album’s details page.
  1. Any other settings that I should change, add, etc.
  • Not that I can think of regarding this issue we have been working through other then what I have already recommended.
  1. When I load CDs should I just do as I have been doing through the iTunes interface
  • I would like you to test this by ripping one album. Being as the watch folder you currently have in Roon is the same directory in which iTunes is storing media once it has been ripped the Roon library should update once new media has hit the folder. Please rip a single album and confirm that it appears in Roon. If it does not, please click the three dots to the right of the watch folder and click “force rescan”. Does the continue appear afterwards?

From your latest…

Also, I shut my iPad down and now started it up again. When I launch Roon, it stays on Remote Connection, Waiting for Remote Core. How do I get the iPad to connect? Do I select a different core? Never had this problem before today.

• The Roon core on your iMac should be presenting itself to the remote device. Does it appear? If you click select another core is the iMac listed as an option?

Just as an aside if there are other issues with metadata or with the remote let’s try to keep things separate from one another because it’s going to make troubleshooting hard especially if there are three issues being presented in single thread. So if any of these other behaviors continue kindly open another thread(s) to address them. I just want to make sure we are staying focused here.

-Eric

Hi Eric;

First I can’t thank you enough for helping me through this issue. I can’t begin to explain the relief Im feeling right now…

In response to your questions/answers:

1. Understood, I will redirect the backups appropriately and not on the Music Server
  2. Ok
  3. I sent a snapshot of the Sting song listing. As you can see “Desert Rose” is repeated many times which is obviously not right. It also does that on many songs on this particular album. Im not sure what you mean by a details page.
  4. Ok
  5. Just loaded one cd and it worked perfectly.
  6. Got the iPad to work as you suggested.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

1 Like