Duplicates keep showing up in albums

So let me start off by saying, I recently signed up for a 12-month membership and I am utterly frustrated right now with an issue that I will call a deal breaker - to the point that I will call my bank and lodge a case to have this transaction reversed.

Let me start off by saying that I have Tidal and Qobuz and I went through the focus tool under ‘albums’ and proceeded to remove all duplicates. Now I go back and look through the albums list and see further duplicates, yet they are not showing when I look through the focus tool. Now again, I have removed those duplicates by manually looking through albums, but fast forward 4 hours and they are back again.

What is going on? Is the API that you use to these services so bad that they don’t register or what else can be the problem? I am literally at wits end and if this isn’t resolved asap then alternative action will need to be taken, as I am paying for a service that doesn’t deliver its core and rudimental functionality.

The duplicates under albums keep changing also - How is that even possible unless the API to Tidal and QOBUZ is broken and delayed? Screenshot attached

And a further example - One of many albums (Why are they showing up under separate albums?)
pic1

I think you have Settings, show hidden albums, set to yes. Switch to no and duplicates will hide.

unfortunately its not that. I think I have narrowed it down to “Tidal”. I just spent the past hour removing all the duplicate albums by deleting all Tidal copies from Roon. now when I restarted the server, I can see that the track count it counting up again (ughhhh sigh) and all those Tidal albums I removed are now coming back.

what else can it be? This is utterly frustrating now as I see the track count and albums duplicating again

Tagging @support

@support I must have removed these same albums from Tidal now 5 times. I’ve also removed the software and reinstalled 4 times to no avail. I am becoming increasingly frustrated.

I’ve removed all traces of the software too and still after a clean install I see the same issues

Please be patient and give the support team some time to respond. Keep in mind that they maybe don’t live in the same time zone as you do.

Hi @Milan_Peyrac — Apologies for the trouble here!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Moving forward with troubleshooting, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account. Before I do so, I was hoping you could reproduce this behavior once more — Please delete one of the albums you’re having trouble removing and respond here with the time you delete the album along with your timezone and the name of the album. We can then enable diagnostics so the team can take a look at what you’re experiencing.

Thanks!

Thanks @dylan for getting in touch with me. I have been testing this extensively over the past few hours and this seems to be a clear issue between Tidal <> Roon. I have gone ahead and tested this on two completely separate systems (clean installs of both roonServer and Roon) - including testing two different internet services that I own. I will describe the setup below.

System 1 (Core) - Windows 10 Build 1809 (latest non beta)
AMD 2950x, 64gb mem, rtx 2080ti
Network 1 - FTTB 100mb, connected via 1gb ethernet directly to Netgear RT-AX88U router and Wifi tested.
Network 2 - Wireless to 4G dongle
Music - Tidal and Qobuz only.

Issues -

1. Tidal is syncing forever under settings.
  2. Rescanning files is stuck at 1/XXXXX (has been like this for hours)
  3. When Tidal albums finally show up in Roon, when trying to delete, I get an error “File not found”. - Works fine for Qobuz
  4. Adding “songs” to the library at a drab pace. The circle in the top right is spinning and adding 1-2 songs and disappears and appears again every few seconds.
  5. Tidal albums that have been removed in Roon are reappearing. These albums are duplicates with different tracks in each and these albums are not actually favourited in Tidal directly. Eg, refer to my post below for more information.

The exact same issues are experienced on my Wireless (4G) network. Windows 10 Core connected via wifi to 4g dongle.

Now I went ahead and removed RoonServer from my Windows 10 machine (unauthorized) and installed on a spare mac I have at home.
Specs - Macbook Pro 15 inch, Mojave 10.14.3
Network 1 - FTTB 100mbps, connected via Wifi
Network 2 - 4g Dongle

On both networks, I experience the exact same issues described above that I saw on my Windows 10 machine.

Furthermore to your point of deleting albums, after some new albums I added via Tidal directly showed up in Roon, I tried to remove them from Roon directly. I got “file not found”

See screenshots attached. As you can see The 4 albums are still in my Tidal catalogue

Furthermore, in my Roon Tidal album catalogue I see many albums show up twice with different songs in each -

Here in album 1 -

Album 2 -

As you can see Roon is displaying this wrong and showing them in duplicate albums. This isn’t the worst part though - Look at the screenshots below, I don’t even have that album or any Edward Sharpe album saved in Tidal. This is why they keep reappearing after I remove them.

===========================================

One more example of duplicate Tidal albums

Roon shows 4 copies of Gun’s and Roses - appetite for destruction

but I don’t have the album saved in Tidal…

All this troubleshooting leads me to believe that this is a CLEAR issue between Tidal and Roon for my account.

Can I have an update please?

I had a look through tidal @xxx and I noticed some serious strange behavior under “tracks”. The tracks were replicated at least 4-5 times. Roon was picking them up and sifting through and displaying them in different albums (as shown above)

After removing the entire track list from Tidal directly my issues is now resolved.

@support you can close this ticket now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.