Dutch & Dutch 8c: pre-Roon Ready thread

This must be new as it was not there a few months ago when I was researching.

I hope this is not the new product they are announcing today! :slightly_smiling_face:

I would be quite happy with a 6.5C with Purifi drivers and amps, smaller overall dimensions, and a lower price point.

Wouldnā€™t we all!

The stands were announced a few weeks ago AFAIK, so itā€™s not that.

Can we follow ISE show somewhere ?
Want to know what the secret product is that are showing for the first time.

Heard rumors about the Studio Version 8C , cheaper cabinet .

For those who have the ROON firmware , what version are your D&D running ?
Do you guys experience problem with Roon ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

1.3.18 which is the latest production release. Although I have asked for the beta release that has roon, the request hasnā€™t been granted, or frankly even responded to.

Yeah. Iā€™ve submitted support requests twice with no response. Mine are in a funky state where I canā€™t turn on automatic updates and the version is undefined:

Although I do see this at the system level leading me to believe they are at 1.3.12:

They do work however and are outstanding.

Dang, I would have expected to see news about the new product shwon at ISE by nowā€¦

They need to sack whoever does their publicity. No announcements, no facebook (apart from the new speaker finish), website, youtube or Instagram updates. No easily Google-able press announcements either.

1 Like

Very surprising behaviour from a company wanting a professional user-base.

The new speaker finish is of no interest to pro users. Indeed it is a strange move when they canā€™t make enough of them to cope with demand. Likewise, why a slightly cheaper pro-mounting version when they canā€™t keep up with demand? Price is not an issue for studios.
On the other hand, if they have managed to increase production rate, it may make sense.

Itā€™s a real mystery. My only guess is they have very restricted resources and they donā€™t want to make promises they canā€™t keep. I canā€™t help but compare to Grimm who have a similar (more expensive) product that also straddles the pro/home markets ā€“ I also own a pair of Grimm speakers ā€“ but who are quite the opposite. Respond immediately and always keep you in the loop.

Custom stands , inspiration vintage JBL stands

5 Likes

Very nice indeed. Just need to show the wife this picture of what is to be then go for it! Who made the stands for you?

Thanks - Home madeā€¦But iā€™m a French chairs manufacturerā€¦So not very difficult
I just put under the 8C a Zimbabwe granite plate and 4 IsoAcousticsā€™ GAIA

1 Like

Very nice ! Looks great in the room !

Hello J.D
Did you find an interesting difference with the IFI PURIFIER sockets?
Thanks

Iā€™ll bet you donā€™t put such expensive feet on your chairs; Ā£200 per stand for a set of the GAIAs!:rofl:

EDIT: If not there is a gap in the market for ā€˜audiophile isolated chairsā€™ā€¦

2 Likes

Hello Christian,

What i experience in my set up is what we call ā€œa blacker backgroundā€. I experience more focus on the sound itself. IĀ“ve also done convolution filter in Roon, that by far is the best and cheapest improvment one can do.

The IFI powerstation and Purifier are works great with the class D amps in the Dutch and Dutch 8C . And for the price, they are a no brainer. Have had Shunyata for 10x the price ā€¦ and honestly, i am amazed pĆ„ IFI. True statement - in your face product .

But in the end , IFI + ROON convolutrion filter + acoustic treatment = wow experience. Its the first time ever I experience the true meaning of integrating the speakers to your room. I no longer hear the speakers, just music, coming somewhere in front of me.

:slight_smile:

Hi,

I have just received my D&D 8C, all is OK except that I can hear a short ennoying crackling each time the sample rate changes (from 44kHz to 96kHz or from 88.2kHz to 48kHz, etc).

The D&D are connected via digital AES from a Singxer SU-2 and the Singxer is connected via USB to an HTPC running Windows 10. The D&D firmware version is 1.3.12

Any idea on what is causing this issue? Thank you!