Dutch & Dutch 8c: pre-Roon Ready thread

2.0 is there!

1 Like

How did you get 2.0?

As an update in the beta Ascend software. I guess an official release can be expected really soon now.

A warning for beta testers though: I lost Roon after the update, so I think some changes/settings need to be made by Roon.

1 Like

My Ascend is still on 210.

I use the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 and it works great.

Martijn just told me I am the only one, apart from D&D, having 2.0. But, this means the official release will be coming soon now.

How is the sound quality of the internal streamer compared to a good external streamer? I now use a lumin u1 mini met sbooster with the dd 8c’s from the dealer which he kindly let me use when waiting on my own dd 8c’s. Waitinglist is 12 weeks now.
I would be happy to sell the lumin and use the internal streamer for Roon.

2 Likes

The sound stage and general sound quality is better. Not sure how but it is.

1 Like

The internal steamer is indeed awesome!

Roon direct to speaker is noticeably better than having a separate streamer.

I use an Antipodes CX server as roon core direct to 8C’s via Ethernet and a switch.

What about a high end streamer like Grimm MU1, would the internal streamer still be superior, any of the lucky beta users tried that?

How about upsampling, how does that work now?

1 Like

If I were interested in a hi-end streamer I’d have stuck with a full passive system, this is not the way to go with the 8C’s IMHO.

It’s all about integration and the cleanest shortest signal paths…. And it works exquisitely.

Yes I would be very interested too. Having used the Grimm MU1 into the D&D for the past year - I would be amazed if the internal 8C streamer was even better still. Guess I’ll just have to wait for the official release to satisfy my curiosity.

1 Like

Honestly, no. I had the Innuos Statement connected to my 8C’s. Sold it and got the Innuos ZEN mk3.

Now, I use my home build ROON core. Gonna connect the 8C’s directly… waiting for them to arrive…

It would be interesting to compare the upsampling on the MU1 via AES to ethernet. My guess is the Mu will sound better into the D & D on bad source material and the D&D will sound as good or better via ethernet on normal streaming.

1 Like

The zen mk 3 and the home built nu are just as good as the statement? I have a home built nuc too which I have in another room in my homenetwork. I want to connect the Dutch 8c’s on my homenetwork too.

The Statement is the far better product. But in a constellation together with the 8C’s I did not think it was worth it. The difference was to small compared to the price. The beauty with the 8C’s is the room matching DSP. This is how you will get the best sound quality in the room. Not by spending 2k on speaker cables etc.

At the end of the day its up to ourselves to decide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even burned in, unidirectional, 101% silver core cables?
Heresy, absolute heresy.

1 Like

Is anyone using an Innuos device as the Roon core? I’m wondering what kind of an ethernet splitter/switch to use between the Innuos and the 8cs? Thanks.

I used to. The Switch I used back then was a simple NETGEAR GS105GE 5-PORT GIGABIT SWITCH , connected to a iFI ipower. It worked really good.

1 Like

Those Netgear models the GS105 and GS108 are used by a lot of Roon users.
I use them and recommend them to lots of people

1 Like