Ear splitting static from time to time to Macbook/Bluetooth endpoint

Hi @Leon_Roy ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information, both are appreciated. My apologies for the slow response.

Being as we are seeing two different issues, I’d like to address them both separately moving forward :sunglasses: Please see below.

1. Sometimes though (1/10 perhaps) I get an absolutely ear splitting bit of digital static. It’s loud enough that I have to tear the headphones off my head and loud enough that everyone in the room turned to look for the location of the noise.
  • Can you please provide me with screen shots of the device settings being used when you are making use of the mentioned Bluetooth headphones. This information can be located by clicking the gear next to the desired zone in the “audio” tab and selecting “device setup”. Be sure to take screenshots of all three tabs in the “device setup” window: “General”, “Playback”, and “Zone Grouping”.
  1. When I’m streaming audio to my Macbook or Bluetooth headphones, Roon can be fairly unreliable, cutting out from time to time with a message like ‘the audio file was loading too slowly’.

The mentioned error message (“the audio file was loading too slowly”) usually points to some sort of bottle neck occurring on the network, which is causing the content to not making it to it’s destination quick enough. With this in mind I would like to have you perform the following test(s) to see if we can trigger a change in behavior here.

• Can you please try (temporarily of course) taking the “FreeNAS” out of the equation and testing with some content stored on the Roon core box (ESXi 6.0 Server). If possible, I would recommend moving some content to an external storage device (just a few albums), mounting the storage unit to the device hosting your core, and then setting up a temporary watch folder in Roon pointed at the content. Please confirm if you still receive the same error message in Roon.

• If I am not mistaken the HP 2530 Switch is a managed switch and we have seen a few issues crop up with these devices in the past ( Example: #1, #2, #3). I would recommend enabling flow control on the switch, as we have seen it help other users in the past.

-Eric