Editable list of ignored articles when sorted by name

it would be great, if the list of ignored articles could be edited and articles of other languages than English could be added.

At the moment it seems, that only ‘The’ is ignored.

2 Likes

I think that’s actually not bad an idea. It could provide help for this case:

Also, it would address my “issue” with articles as for instance here (artists, sorted by name):

I’ve tried to use “Last Name/First Name” sorting as a work-around but it doesn’t apply to groups - as it shouldn’t. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Update:
I’ve to correct myself - no idea why it didn’t work the first time I tried it :flushed:; applying a Last Name / First Name sorting does work for groups too. :ok_hand:
So if one doesn’t mind doing this manually for every artist, there’s some way. :slight_smile:

I too would like this feature so that Alphabetical order of Artists could be configured to the way I wish to see them…

Currently ARTISTS appear in Roon in the following way, for example:

THE POLICE: in the letter P
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: in the A
THE B52’S: in B
THE CORRS: in the C

and so on, etc., etc.

I would like them to appear under T , which is how I have them sorted on my disk?

Thank you.

1 Like

For what it’s worth after such a long time, I think this was an error as it’s now fixed:

Meaning that Alan Parsons and the Project appear next to each other in P as it should be (at least if omitting The is a given as it currently still is)