Editing Tracks (not a typical issue)

Why is the "Edit " tracks choice available only on select albums/box sets/etc? All albums are official releases that I have ripped into a HDD (local drive). On some albums, I right click on a track title, click 3 dots on top, choices are 1. Share, 2. Export, 3. View File info, 4. View Lyrics. That’s it. On some others album titles, I also see 5. Edit. WHY???

A full album edit is not needed just a more complete track title hence the need to find a solution inside ROON.

The 5. Edit option exists (should exist) for all tracks in your library. Where it’s missing, are you sure that you are viewing the correct (in-library) version of the album? Screenshots would help.

1 Like

Welcome to the Roon community, @MARK_WILLAMSON.

Edit is available to all local media. Maybe you have selected a streaming version of the same release? It’d be helpful if you could provide an example with screenshots.

Edit: I see @Suedkiez posted while I was in the editor. :smile:

1 Like

The first image no EDIT, second with EDIT. Both primary versions, owned and ripped into db through Bluesound Vault 2.

Are you sure you can’t scroll down in that menu where Edit is missing?

BINGO. I am an idiot. Thanks.

2 Likes

You aren’t. Scroll bars are seemingly randomly missing in some menus/views and then it is not obvious at all that they can be scrolled, if a menu entry doesn’t happen to be cut off. In addition, there is no reason for the menu to be smaller than necessary, as there is sufficient space to show all content. Unfortunately little changed since my report …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.