ELAC Roon Essentials Lifetime Subscription Connectivity Issue (ref#H60A31)

Affected Product

Roon / Roon Essentials.

Roon Issue Category

Networking

Description of Issue

I have both a full a Roon lifetime subscription and ELAC Roon Essentials.

The Essentials just doesn’t work. Fix it, I have paid for it.

Roon Core Platform

Roon Core Specifications

ELAC

Connected Audio Devices

I’m not a computer geek.

Home Network Details

Fibre

FYI, Roon Essentials is not a Roon product. You probably paid Elac for it, and it is theirs to support:

https://roonessentials.com/

Details here:

5 Likes

Interesting. The Security Alerts I receive comes from contact@roonlabs.com

For log-ins to what?

How are you using your Roon lifetime subscription and your Roon Essentials together? Do you have a regular Roon Core, where you use the lifetime, and is the Essentials just used as a Roon Ready endpoint?

@Jesper_Wodschow, it would be really helpful if you explained what device you’re using to run your Roon server (that utilizes your lifetime subscription), and how the ELAC fits in.

I’m not using them together. The life subscription is used in Copenhagen with Nucleus and my Steinway equipment.
The other one - Roon Esentials - are used in Fortaleza, Brazil where I also live.
I lost connection to Roon Essential at least 20 times. I ru a pretty good fiber setup. I didn’t loos connection to Tidal, Netflix, IPTV or whatever.
It always takes a war to sign in. The security alerts I receive by mail comes from contact@roonlabs.com and Roon Labs is also listed as the developer in the App-store.

I see. If you had used the Essentials just as an endpoint for a regular Core, Roon might have considered this as a scenario supported by Roon itself. If they are totally separate, I guess the Essential will fall under Elac support as usual.

Yes, but they are sent when you log in somewhere. I thought they are only sent when logging into the forum, but it has been ages that I logged into a Roon Core.

Do you get these emails when you log into the Elac Server with Essentials? If so, that would be quite confusing. And the fact that Roon Labs is listed as the developer for the Essentials app is also confusing.

What do these emails say? New sign-in detected, or something else?

Yes. I do get these messages when I log into my
Elac Server with Roon Essentials
Roon is listed as developer of Roon Essentials.
The links to Elac support for Roon Essentials doesn’t work.
It is not confusing but frustrating. I smell a rat.

Here is what these emails say
New sign in detected
A device from Maracanau, Ceara, Braziljust signed in to your Roon account. If this was you, you don’t need to do anything.

Note: Your location may be inaccurate since it was estimated using your IP address.

If this doesn’t sound right, please visit this page to reset your password.

Thanks,
The Roon team
[*Copyright © 2023 Roon Labs LLC. All rights reserved”.

@Jesper_Wodschow, are you using the same account credentials for both Roon (lifetime licence) and Roon Essentals (ELAC)?

Also, note that support for ELAC products, including Roon Essentials, is accessed here.

https://elac.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yes I add an album in Roon it is also updated in Roon Essentials and visa versa. Playlists as well.
Theirs is watertight gates between Roon and Essentials.
It all happened again yesterday. After 1-2 hours of excellent streaming the Roon Esentials started
to jump songs and after a while lost connection. The first 2-3 times I was able to recnnect and after that it became impossible to reconnect.

Hi @Jesper_Wodschow,

Thank you for your post and for your patience while our team worked through the queue to reach your report.

Concerning the security emails: our main Roon account server handles login for RoonEssentials, just as it does for Roon. So, while these emails might be irritating in their frequency, they’re an expected result of the secure login process for RoonEssentials. You can feel free to set an inbox filter or disregard them.

Concerning the issue you’ve described in your last post: can you please elaborate on the following?

1. How is your main RoonEssentials server connected to the internet?

2. Are you attempting to play Tidal content, or local music stored on your storage drive?

3. Do you have any VPNs or third-party security software on your network?

4. Please list any network hardware involved in your RoonEssentials setup, including the make and model of any routers and switches.

Once we have a little more illumination, we should be able to assist with the dropouts in playback. We’ll want to investigate the possibility of a downstream disruption from Tidal or Roon’s servers as the most likely culprit based on your description.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.