At each restart of the RoonServer service, the value of the “Enable MQA core decoder” setting returns to “Off”, this for all audio devices.
The same thing happens if I turn off / disconnect the USB DAC from Roon Core.
Update: Although the common_config file parameter is correct (“enable_mqa_core_decoder”: true), in device setup appears “Enable MQA core decoder” = Off, and Roon behaves as such (does not make MQA core decoder).
I also enabled the MQA core decoder after the update to B987 that changed the default and had to set it to enable again after the update to B988. Seems like the code for the default change is running wild.
I am having the same issue. Switching the “enable MQA core decoding” to the “on” position does not seem to stick.
I have applied both of the updates on the core and all clients. Each time I have updated I have had to reset the “enable MQA” slider to the “on” position for each of my connected devices.
After every update the slider has reset to the “off” position. I am not sure whether this is related to updates or if it is simply related to a device not being used, but either way it would appear to be a “bug”.
I have no problem with the options and how they work, but unfortunately Roon forgets the device specific MQA setting when the device is switched off.
Roon doing the first MQA decoding for non-MQA-devices (in my case mainly Naim and Linn streamers) was one of the key buying points. Was always working fine the last months and still is, at least if you don’t forget to enable it again after you switch on your streamer. Same happens it Roon loses network connectivity to a device. When the connection is reestablished, the setting is always “no”.
Please fix this and make the setting permanent. Alternatively you could also add a 2nd setting in the general section like “default MQA decoding for non-MQA-devices” Y/N.