Endless Login Loop Issue After Software Update (ref#39QJIU)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble logging in

Where are you having trouble logging in?

I can't log into the Roon app

I am in an endless loop when I try to log in. A pop up box appears to enter my id and password. Once I enter the correct info, I’m taken back to the log in page. If I press the “go back” arrow at the top of the page, I see my server listed and press “connect” at which time I’m taken back to the login page. Endless loop. This just happened after the last software update. Incredibly frustrating!

I will add that I’m using a Roon server built into my DAC (Merging Nadac + Player). There is no ability to access files within the Roon Server, unlike if I were Running a Roon Core in Mac or Windows.

Please see:

Thank you BlackJack - this seems to be exactly what happened to me. I was able to re-establish connection with my Roon server by installing an older backup. But, I still cannot connect with Qobuz nor use Roon search. Roon SUPPORT……please help me with this; I am apparently part of the 0.1% of users whom this negatively impacted.

Have a look at the Help article:

Thanks Geoff - unfortunately, as I explained in my first post, the NADAC does not allow me access in the ways described in the article you reference. It does not provide the ability to see files, nor to upload files to the server.

Then I’m afraid you’re going to have to approach Merging for support - it is their system that needs to be updated.

This is an image of the totality of what I can see about my server.

It is best if you wait for a fixed firmware from Merging. That said, its hard to believe you don’t have access as it is supposed to run Roon OS. Did you try:

Important: The fix posted above is meant for unsupported/unmaintained systems running an outdated OS. It will not fix the root cause of the issue. Your Merging product is not unsupported or unmaintained though – please check if there is a firmware update available already and if not, ask Merging about one.

PS: Current upstream Roon OS is on build 259; your Merging supplied Roon OS on your device is build 227 only:
grafik

1 Like

Blackjack - you are correct, I do have access using the method in the article you attached. Thank you. I will contact Merging and see if they can fix this for me; if not, would it be safe for me to use the methods outlined in fix for unsupported products?

Sadly Roon Labs did not share more information about their fix as are given in the article linked already. Applying the fix may resolve the issue for now but I can’t predict its impact on your system in the future (it may stop working again at some point because of the fix in place). As I already wrote, it’s best to let Merging fix the root cause IMHO.

Sure but this route may take a while. What does the manual to your product say about firmware upgrades? Does your device not have a built-in menu to check/initiate a firmware upgrade? What happens if you click on the “Reinstall” button from the screenshot above?

I am not aware that any firmware upgrades have happened with this product in the past few years. I have contacted their US rep to ask for his help with this situation. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Yes, just to confirm, the last firmware update was in Feb 2020!!

BlackJack - first of all, thanks for you help!

If Merging cannot assist, does the method to fix the issue described by Roon update the Roon OS?

No. The fix will allow Roon Server to work for the time being on outdated OS’s.

I have contacted both the US rep and Merging directly for support on this. Clearly, since this is the weekend, I do not expect a response. Wondering though, if I do the Roon temporary fix if this will prevent Merging from updating the firmware? Don’t want to do something now that would prevent a better thing from happening later. Thoughts?

Hardly.

If you’re impatient though, apply the fix and revert it later (do not delete or overwrite files) when a firmware update is available.

FWIW:

1. clicking the reinstall button reinstalls the same version of the OS - build 227
  2. NO contact from either Merging or the US rep. Distressing
  3. NO contact from official Roon support. Frustrating

Just did this patch and it worked. Am still awaiting contact from any/all of the following for a more permanent fix:

Merging
US distributor of Merging
Roon

Hi @Matthew_Larson,

Ben with the support team here - I’m glad to hear you were able to get things back up and running!

Any future updates will be posted to the tracking thread listed above. I’ll go ahead and close out this thread for now - feel free to ping me if you have any additional questions. :+1: