Endlessly adding music to library

I am also seeing this error. For the past couple days (never was an issue until this weekend) when I have imported new music it seems to hang and be unable to identify them, yet music still shows up in the library. Everything appears to be added and performance doesn’t seem to be hugely affected but it is concerning and has only cropped up recently. This scanning never goes away now. I think the first time I tried restarting my Roon Core, it said it was performing a database update yet Roon did not update. Something is amiss.

Restarting, disconnecting/reconnecting internet, etc did not fix the issue. I do NOT want to delete the db and start from scratch. I have database backups and logs ready to share.

Should I consider deleting and rebuilding the core with a backed up database?

@support Is there a general update to this issue or a better understanding of how it’s happening? I’ve had a single track that’s been causing the spinner to run for over two weeks now. Is this a different issue than is being discussed in the other thread? I’m running my core on OS X Catalina.

Hello @Mark_Fleschler ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, can you please use these instructions to access your Roon logs and upload them here?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

1 Like

Somehow this seemed to resolve itself - is this related to what you were referring to as database integrity issues that can last for months?

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Fleschler ,

Glad to hear that this issue resolved itself! I don’t believe you had a database issue here, but rather Roon was stuck trying to analyze/import a file in particular. In any case, please do let us know if you run into any further difficulties and we can certainly take another look if so!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.