Error Loading Database Message

I am also getting issues; I have restarted Roon and now see this message.

I am not even able to enter into the options to try to restore a backup.

That is a corrupted database.

Hope you have a good backup. When you get this message, a Restore (and in your case a reinstall) is probably your only option.

Anyway, tagging @support for more input.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Sorry for the trouble here, @wavesm!

Were there any changes around the time this started occurring? Any power outages or anything?

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look at what’s happening here and follow up as soon as we can.

Hi Dylan,

I was playing music and all was normal; then music stopped and then server was not responding from my iPhone. I restarted the server and then got this message.

I have uploaded the logs as requested (link). I have daily automated Backups so should not be an issue to restore them.

Tx

Curious if you were running RoonServer or the full Roon.

I was running the full Roon in a iMac.

Hi @wavesm,

I took a look at the logs you shared with our team. Unfortunately the logs show signs of low level corruptions. Essentially this means that Roon is reading something back from the database that it didn’t write to it. Sometimes this can stem from power outages or failing hardware.

For a solution, you’ll want to start fresh and then try restoring a backup:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Be advised, if this ‘low level’ corruption has existed for awhile, then it’s entirely possible that this corruption has infiltrated any number of your backups.

I speak from experience.

just quick update; I unisntalled Roon, restarted the iMac, installed Roon and all working fine again. Interesting though I did not have to restore a backup, all was set up as I opened it.

1 Like

If you are implying that you are using the same Roon library (database) as before, then you haven’t solved anything.

The ‘low level’ corruption is still there and will eventually re-manifest.

A post was split to a new topic: Error Loading database message, reloading app did not help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.