Error loading folder on Mac

If the fix has happened it hasn 't fixed mine. I just tried to chan ge my Roon library to the same folder but on an external ext disc and I this same error. I even tried a different ext disc and same error.

Both ext dics are Thunderbolt 3, superfast, so them being too slow is not the issue.

1 Like

Hi @Knitman,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of the error you’re seeing here?

Hi Dylan-my name is Colin.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I have my music on a MBPro with a 1TB SSD. I connect it to an Audiolab 8300CDQ via USB, which is connected to a Yamaha RX-A3080 AVR. Just as I have for years now only the DAC and MBP and AVR have been updated more than once.

I have recently added Roon and HQPlayer. All was working well until I noticed today how some tracks will not play but will in iTunes. They are 192khz files in both AIFF and FLAC but both give the same result. No play.

I thought to point to my music storage on an external disc. It wouldn’t work. I got the error message as I wrote but here is a pic of it:

Hi-is there an answer to this problem?

Have I broken some forum etiquette?

I have said several times I am by no means au fait with the computer language so not being sarcastic or anything when I write that I don’t understand the question.

Have you checked the security/privacy settings in System prefs on the Mac to make sure roon has access?

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. That worked. I would never have got to that on my own. Like I said, I am no computer whiz. I am completely self taught in what I can do. Knitwear design (published), photography, what I can do on computers etc but it’s this type of things I fail on and need a people such as you to tell me.

I now have to decide whether or not to continue to use the internal SSD or use the external one. I have the ext ones for back up.

Someone here, I think, told me that just reading from the disc is very low wear on the disc. I was just thinking it was cheaper to replace a buggered ext than a whole MBPro especially now they have made them so one cannot even do any upgrading oneself. My previous one but one I was able to increase the ram and replace the HDD to an SSD myself.

Glad to have been a helping hand… maybe mark the solution on my post so support aren’t following up needlessly. :slight_smile: enjoy yourselves with the missing tunes.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.