Error message: Roon Radio limited to library (not solved ?)

Hi,

I got the last version (1.6/build 416) but still get the error message (see title) - Roon core is an Intel NUC (Win 10) … Searching only library is unflagged… is there anything I have to change/switch or is this error still unresoved ?
Thanks for your feed-back
Udo

Hi @Udo_Eimermacher,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this error always occur when starting Radio? Can you give an example of where you’re starting Radio from?

I had this but only for a short time when running a software update yesterday, hasn’t happened since.

Hi,

My Gigabit network config:

From NAS: about 3300 albums to: Ubiquiti Edgemax router ER-8 op v1.7 to TP-Link TL SG3424 managed network switch to: Intel NUC/Roon Core (i7/8GB ram/ 128GB SSD/Win 10 latest version) to: Simaudio Moon 280D with Mind 2 (or alternatively Auralic Vega G1) to: different amps…

The error message appears always (!) when unflagging “limit Roon Radio to library” - although the flag is not set, Roon Radio will only select what is in the library and will not search on Qobuz or Tidal (which the Radio did formerly …+/- two builds ago)

I hope this helps…

Udo

Hi @Udo_Eimermacher,

Outside of Roon Radio, is TIDAL and Qobuz working as expected? Are you experiencing any other issues in Roon?

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Hi Dylan,

Yes, Tidal & Qobuz are working perfectly (except from -time to time- a very slow search on Qobuz)… - The Core has been rebooted (several times) - immediately after rebooting, the error message appeares (Radio is only searching in my library)…
Next to the above mentioned error message, I can force the error message every time when switching the search flag (back to “search everywhere”) … no matter if I do it on the Intel core or on the Windows remotes or on the ios remotes or the android phone…
No other issues…
Udo

Hi @Udo_Eimermacher,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi again,

I triggered the error message at 17:59 local Time (GMT +2)…
Udo

Hi @Udo_Eimermacher,

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi again,

Thanks for your feed back - hope to hear from you soon

Udo

Hi @Udo_Eimermacher,

I met with the team regarding the behavior you’re seeing, and in the diagnostics reports they found several errors related to your TIDAL account.

• Can you confirm that you’re able to play TIDAL content in Roon outside of Roon Radio?
  • If you disable TIDAL in Settings | Services does Roon Radio work?

Hi,
I actually stopped my Tidal subscription (only using Qobuz now) - As suggested, I disabled the Tidal account and logged out.
When switching the flag (library search only or not), I did not get any error messages…and Roon Radio now searches in and outside my library (=locally and on Qobuz).
I think that this problem is solved and the case may be closed.
Thanks very much for your support !
Have a nice day/evening
Udo

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.