Error retrieving account and cannot login into Tidal account [Fixed - Upgrade to 1.3]

Hello @support, I am currently running latest Roon Build and Roon Server 1.0.2 on QNAP TVS-1282T, already reboot the NAS, my iMac 27", started and stopped the Roon Server, with no success, on top of the account issue I cannot login into Tidal, any help is highly appreciated; nothing has changed, on the NAS no antivirus running and just the standard apps provided with the machine.

Thank you for any help on this matter!!!

Fabio

On the rare occasions I have had this I stoped the core app within the QNAP NAS and then restarted it without rebooting the NAS.
That’s all I know. Chris

Thank you Chris, this was the first step I took, unfortunately it did not address the issue.

Have you tried it again? Nothing to lose.

Chris, I did last night, stopped Roon Server, started again, done it few times, updated the NAS firmware, restarted my iMac, reinstalled Roon Core on my iMac, I did not reinstall the Room Server on the NAS at this point in time but I don’t know if this will make any sense to do, I am puzzled that it happened out of the blue. I appreciate your follow up and willingness to help.

Best regards,

Fabio

Can you log into the Tidal App separately…

Chris,

Indeed I can, I can log in into the desktop app as well as on my iPhone and AK70 DAP.

Best

Fabio

I think you need to take this to @support

Thanks @Chrislayeruk I will do so!!!

Chris (@Chrislayeruk) ---- Thank you for flagging me down :sunglasses:

Hi @Fabio_Cicchinelli ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here.

Before I gather some logs from you, may I kindly ask you to please provide a description of your network configuration/topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being utilized to make those connections possible.

-Eric

Thank you @Eric for you response, the current network configuration is the follow, Cisco GS300-18 100/1000 switch, 3 X EERO Access Point connected to it, one of them is acting as router and does the NAT translation as well as the DHCP, the other two are just a mesh wi-fi network AP.

AT&T modem/router is used to provide a static IP to the EERO main router sitting on the AT&T DMZ, the QNAP TVS-1282T is connected to the Cisco switch with a four 1Gb network ports bounded together and have a static IP address of 10.0.1.10 and point to the EECO router with a Google primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4.

The iMac is connected via ethernet with a static IP address of 10.0.1.16, wireless with 10.0.1.16 and direct connection via Thunderbolt 2 between the iMac 27" with IP 169.254.9.10 and the QNAP TVS-1282T.

This has been working fine for a while and had no issues, NAS has been updated to the latest firmware last night, Roon Server is 1.0.2 and run off a 240GB SSD in RAID 1 and the music off a share on 8 x 6TB Western Digital RED HD in RAID 10.

The first symptom was the inability to login into my new TIDAL Hi-Fi account and later on the inability to login into my own ROON account, I can login of course to the web portal of both application without issues and the fact that I am close to renew my subscription has brought some uneasiness in knowing that I couldn’t access my account on the server side.

I hope the lengthy reply my shed some light and I am definitely up to provide any further information required to resolve the issue and move forward with this enjoyable platform.

Best regards

Fabio A.

Hi @Fabio_Cicchinelli ---- Thank you for the very detailed report, your diligence is appreciated. As mentioned I would like to grab some logs from you and will be contacting you momentarily via PM.

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with TIDAL after switching to new router