ETA for Anthem AVM70 Roon Ready certification?

I’m a bit surprised that Roon hasn’t requested/demanded that their good name be removed from further Anthem advertising. For some of its product line, Anthem has said “Roon’s coming soon” for over two years now.

I recently read on another forum that Anthem put Roon certification on hold to concentrate on rework needed due to the unavailability of the chips they were using. I’ll see if I can find the post(s).

Edit: can’t find the post. :frowning:

Yes this was mentioned on a recent video event that had Roons MD on it. They used AKM chips and have had to rework their lineup to switch to another DAC chip which has had a knock on affect. Can’t blame them for wanting to get the product back in production it is their revenue stream after all.

Link is in this post to video

1 Like

…excuses, their promo still says Roon Coming Soon! I think ‘soon’ has long gone. Stating that excuse on some obscure YouTube channel is a bit trashy.

2 Likes

Adding my voice to this cause. My brand new AVM-70 not being Roon Ready leaves me bittersweet about my purchase, since close integration between these two products is critical to making my dual-duty HT/2-Channel listening room work how I want it to for my family and me. Someone with some influence on this: PLEASE get this prioritized!

Sent an email to Anthem asking about a timeline for Roon Ready certification, and got this:

At this time we have no ETA on the Roon Certification. Sorry for any inconvenience.

This sounds very discouraging and disappointing… I too bought into Anthem to some extent because of the advertised upcoming Roon Ready designation. Since I started using Roon a few years back, I have not purchased a single device that has no support for it. While it’s certainly not the only factor for buying something, for me it is a decisive factor against buying something and no, airplay is not enough for a core component like a processor or AVR.

1 Like

I know Anthem had to start the Roon process again due to having to switch to new chips but it’s not like they had to invent an entirely new DAC chip. they are using existing chips. It’s been years now. I think they are not moving on this at the speed us customers deserve and, IMO, are using the AKM fire as an excuse at this point. Their customers deserve better.

2 Likes

I purchased the “roon ready” AVM70 + MCA525g2 in 2021!!!
It’s simply unbelievable such a delay…
The chipset change should have delayed the process a bit, ok, but the old AKM version, my version, should have been already… ready by the time of the famous AKM fire.
And now the new ESS based line is out since long!

In any case, as Anthem sports the “Roon Ready” compliance on their selling materials, and this “label” MUST have been agreed with Roon… please Roon friends help us to understand the delivery status: it’s your target too, to have more subscriptions based on Anthem devices, isn’t it?

Thanks

1 Like

IMO, this snafu is on Roon’s doorstep. They are, or should be, controlling the use of their name. They could compel Anthem to stop using it if they had the will.

In the meantime, the message is: never believe press releases.

3 Likes

Never buy a supposed Roon Ready device unless it’s listed on Roons partners page. Always stuck by this and never been let down.

Is there any news regarding to topic?
I need to know…

1 Like

Nothing changed from what @Carl said in the second post

I don’t see how Anthem can get away with saying Roon is “coming soon” on their website. It’s been years with no Roon Ready in sight. Not only does this reflect badly on Anthem, it reflects badly on Roon (whether justifiably or not). If possible, Roon should have Anthem remove references to Roon until this feature is actually implemented just as they did some time ago with manufacturers listing Roon Ready before actually certified/implemented.

Just my opinion no one asked for. :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Agreed. Devices should not be allowed to advertise Roon Ready unless and until they actually support it.

I feel sorry for Anthem customers who have been waiting 3+ years now for this feature with no update from the company at all. They’ve even released new hardware SKUs (the 8K models) since their Roon Ready “Coming Soon” announcement. Ironically, all their competitors will likely be Roon Ready long before they are – Denon/Marantz products are reporting Roon Ready compatible but not yet certified as of the latest firmware and Onkyo/Pioneer/Integra AVRs are Roon Ready as of last September.

6 Likes

I did buy as well my AVM70 with that Roon certification certainty…

I also talked many times with their customer care (2022), receiving a “working hard, ready soon” promise…

Quite disappointing, for a serious company…

2 Likes

This may not be a proper reply or solution to issues stated in this thread but I’m not PC anyway, sorry.
I have Appletv connected to my anthem mrx720 via HDMI. I have said appletv device setup as endpoint or zone in Roon.
While playing billiards downstairs I crank up appletv and force it into screensaver mode (quiets Apple audio) and select appletv zone in Roon (called myHT in this case) and stream to the anthem all day long.
I realize this isn’t the same as the anthem being Roon ready but it does work for me. For years now.
Plus I get ARC and can select all channel stereo or other audio modes.
I.e. why wait?
Just sharing.

Like Phillip I use HDMI to get Roon playing through my AVM90.
I have a Roon Nucleus with 2 HDMI ports and simply connect one to my Anthem.

I then select the Nucleus HDMI which shows up in the list of available outputs for Roon.
This plays nicely through my Anthem although you are missing things like a volume adjustment option in Roon, so I use the Anthem remote app on my iPad for volume.

I will hang on until Anthem eventually make the processors Roon Ready!

Both of those options are available for any non-Roon endpoint. Im currently using a Wiim-Pro as an endpoint to my AVM 70 coax input. It works the same as the above two solutions but it’s not a replacement for Roon Ready.

Using Airplay is sub-optimal for dedicated stereo listening IMO. Fine for background use though.

2 Likes