Ethernet Disable Issue

I think that is how the device is set up. When I go to the audio page and I see the audio device I am using “use this one” it shows wasapi driver on this page. Not sure why it changes to os mixer in the second screen but wouldn’t this be correct then?

Do you need to disable exclusive mode for all content or just that Chicago Quad mix?

It’s because exclusive mode is off, you’ll get the os mixer.

I need to disable exclusive mode to play any 192khz files that are greater than a two channel configuration. Any reason why this is happening? Is it a limitation of Roon? I get an “an unable to initiate audio device” message.

I have a few quad channel 192 albums so not a big deal but still a bit clunky way to manage items would be nice if I could get it to work in exclusive mode.

I looked at the details on the quad 192 files and didn’t notice anything different compared to how my other files were compiled.

I have updated several older (originally Vista supplied) PCs to run WIN 10. One thing they have in common is extremely flaky support for the network chips (Realtek) when running WIN 10, despite having the ‘latest’ drivers. WIN 10 just doesn’t seem to get on with some older NICS at all. For two PCs I have had to buy USB dongles which work absolutely fine with WIN 10 networking. Initially after the upgrade, both PCs worked fine but started to show network disconnect issues after a while, and after Windows updates, till they became almost unusable due to network disconnects. A quick Google showed that this was a known issue at the time. Windows logs will show the driver failing if you look for the timestamp. USB NICs are cheap enough and trouble free.

I solved the network issue by using a usb Ethernet dongle plugged into a usb 3.0 port. Been running that way since Friday without issue.

It seems like the 192 4 channel playback is a Roon limitation. Maybe it hasn’t surfaced before because the titles available are really limited to just a few Rhino titles - Chicago quadio box set, Doobie Brothers Box set and the Doors Singles

1 Like

Is it possible to run a remote diagnostics? Just trying to think of any alternatives. Thanks

Any thoughts or suggestions on 192khz 4 channel files not playing in exclusive mode?

I don’t even have such a file so I can’t test on my Infra.

I appreciate you checking. Oh well…

Hi @Jarrod_Cohen,

Can you please send me one of these files via private message (click my name -> message -> post Dropbox / Google Drive link) so we can check if they work as expected on our end?

Hi Noris @noris

I sent you a PM with a link to a 4 channel file.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Jarrod

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.