EtherREGEN versus direct network cable

I bought a Dayton Audio EMM-6 last week and have the calibration curve in REW. Also calibrated my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. My DIY REW filters are midblowing compared to pre-correction. If Thierry can do better, then I’ll be absolutely stoked!

Mine are sealed too. I’ve used the ScanSpeak 18W8531G00 midbass in the past - despite it’s small size, a bottom-ported cabinet in a medium sized room rattled the windows.

Sealed still has very good bass extension without being overpowering. I’d love to meet its designer and shake his hand - it’s a very special driver.

Listening to the filters on my office setup Thierry sent over this afternoon. Such a big improvement, bass is so much more precise and defined without the bloat it had before. Vocals are clear and centred and I am hearing some subtle drum licks I never heard before on this system. Separation of each instruments is greatly improved you can more easily follow each one through the thread of the music and you fall into it more. Happy camper as this room is small, has an apex roof so it’s slanted and not fun for speakers. Hard floors very little soft furnishings. Job done for an extra £21 now to try the new ones in main room.

1 Like

Right now listening to this track with my new filters. Adrianne Lenker is in my living room. Astounding.

2 Likes

I did this with an English Electric 8 switch.

Search for audiophile switch experiment results.

I could not detect any difference between the Audiophile switch and an inexpensive Netgear switch.

It was pointed out to me that the reason I could not detect the difference is because I did not believe there would be a difference, so don’t expect the snake oil eaters to change their minds.

4 Likes

" In J. M. Barrie’s story Peter Pan, a fairy dies every time a child says that he or she doesn’t believe in fairies. The pivotal moment comes when Peter, in the presence of a lifeless Tinkerbell, chants the words, “I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!” It starts as a painful longing, but evolves into a conviction. It becomes infectious, first affecting those closest to Peter, and finally spreading across Neverland, and even as far as London. Before too long, everybody, young and old, is declaring, “I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!” Magic happens and Tinkerbell comes back to life!"

https://www.blueturtles.com.au/blog/i-do-believe-in-fairies-i-do-i-do/

I do believe in the EE8! I do! I do! :wink:

3 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

As one of the “snake oil eaters”, I don’t think it has to be biased. There could be many reasons why it makes no difference for you and your system. I believe in my hearing and others’ hearing, and it’s usually not my side that accuses people of bias and placebo :slight_smile:

If you want to experiment, listen with the ee8 switch for a few days, then switch back and see if you notice some changes. Personally, I havenä’t tried the ee8 switch but the etherRegen switch did improve the sound in my system.

I don’t quite know what I’m doing wrong. I haven’t tried your Peter Pan voodoo on EE8, but on something heftier. I’ve been chanting “I do believe”, incessantly for the better part of this morning, over a basic bluetooth speaker, willing it to sound as good as a 300K system. Nothing doing! It won’t budge. I think I’ve hit the limits of belief.
Maybe I should try the spell on myself, turning myself into a multi millionaire. Then I could just buy the 300K system. I will start right away.

2 Likes

Maybe try chanting ”Amir is the one and only truth and my savior” and your budget setups suddenly start to sound like a true high end system. Give it a try and tell us how it goes.

3 Likes

You’re off to a bad start there. True – in accordance with fact or reality. How does that apply to an EtherREGEN? :wink:

1 Like

How does half of the rubbish written in this thread have anything to do with EtherREGEN? I mean there’s pictures of UFO’s with “I want to believe” texts and other nonsense posted here and suddenly my post is offtopic? These threads seem to go completely off rails every single time.

5 Likes

No argument there :wink:

Didn’t we agree to take a break with these threads? :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe we should ask 3200 of EtherREGEN happy customers for this.

You absolutely nailed it :sweat_smile:

Ask them for what?

3 Likes

Ask them if they are in the market for a bridge that I have for sale?

5 Likes

Or some new clothes courtesy of an emperor

3 Likes

Do they agree to take a break with this thread?