EverSolo DMP-A6

Stopped testing and wasting time with the EverSolo.
HDMI is not working as expected with my AV Pre (Emotiva XMC-1), what means, mostly no sound or not all channels or loud hiss…
Also some other users have this problems and perhaps EverSolo will solve it in the future, but I want to have a working product for listening music.
So I’ve decided to return the DMP-A6.

1 Like

To all,

Read the Eversolo forum, a lot of issues.

Try before you buy or wait :thinking:

Cheers John

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/eversolo.55/

A bit sweeping… there seem to be some issues using the HDMI output with some external devices. There are some minor niggles about album cover art not always displaying/rendering fully, other than these, as a Roon endpoint using the XLR/RCA, it’s been a joy to own and use.

Eversolo are active in the forums where users are discussing their own use cases and problems and I’ve no doubt they will continue to update the firmware to address these.

Some users with an use case of HDMI output have got it working with their AVP/receiver for instance ASR review.

Any potential buyer should of course check out the reviews and discussions on their own use case before buying - if you’re a Roon user just requiring analogue out from the DMP via RCA/XLR, the device is a bargain.

2 Likes

I’ve been following this device for a few weeks now. It is a serious contender in the Audiophile world.

In addition to the outstanding hardware specs, the associated software is also very impressive.

Beside being Roon Ready, the associated app is very polished, clean and complete. More and more reviews on You Tube are coming out and all of them that I have across are very favorable for this device.

And the best thing is that it comes in at a cost that is very attractive for what all you get compared to alternatives. I can see this as one of my upgrades hopefully sooner than later.

–MD

Hi got my DMP-A6 a couple of days ago. I am very happy with it as a standalone, go it configured to play Native DSD over HDMI multi-channel (64). Apple Music streaming at High Res, I use the casting function for that. Downside poor Roon Ready, as stated by others, currently need to use Neo settings. hoping this be resolved in the future, but cautious about the final implementation, if the Oppo was anything to go by, where Roon/Oppo didn’t implement full functionality. Will wait an see what happens with the working Partnership between Roon and Eversolo. Getting it right and meeting end user expectations can only enhance both companies.

1 Like

Not sure that I really need one but it does seem like a fascinating product.

Currently my Innuos Mini Mk III (Roon Core) is going directly into both my Lyngdorf amp and my RME Dac, both by USB.

So…would there be any benefits to adding the EverSolo into my chain, besides having some cool looking VU meters? :wink:

Wasting time if you own a Emotiva XMC-1 or just stop no matter you own?

The DMP-A6 works absolutely perfectly with my Marantz AV10 via HDMI Audio output. 24/192 and DSD64 stereo and multichannel are supported. I’ve had no issues with stereo (I don’t have any multichannel on Roon).

This thing is an excellent Roon Ready player. Eversolo has already released a giant update just days ago and I believe they will continue to improve and add features. But at $850 it is a straight up steal for a very polished streamer/DAC.

1 Like

As written before: I’ve send back my DMP-A6, because for me it’s not working as expected through HDMI and the local player (as backup for Roon) has me not satisfied.
I’ve some other Roon endpoints, like the Lumin T2, the exaSound e68 together with the exaSound streamer, the Naim Uniti Atom HE and Mu-so QB, the MA element i2 and mini-i3 pro, SoTM neo 2000, the Fiio R7, Rose RS250, some Ropieees and some Mini-PCs…
In comparison to the others (expect a bit the Hifi Rose), the Eversolo was/is the worst solution in my environment.
For other users (like you) the DMP-A6 is a fine solution, but not for me. Also I’m not be ready for waiting, until Eversolo has (perhaps) fixed all bugs.

By the way: I don’t think, that the Roon certification for the DMP-A6 is finished (it’s not only the shown name, but also the parameters in the settings).

The Emotive XMC-1 has a long history of HDMI problems. There are four threads alone on the first page of the Emotiva support forum and not including the very long list of issues on the avsforum thread https://www.avsforum.com/threads/emotiva-xmc-1-owners-only-thread.1617090/page-392

Maybe Emotiva can hire Eversolo to build their next AVP? It most likely would turn out better than any of the bug-ridden processors they’ve had MDS build for them.

Now I really don’t care if you don’t like the DMP-A6. But your expectation that this new device in the market place would work perfectly with an AVP known to have HDMI issues is a bit beyond the pale to me.

2 Likes

Exactly. Sounds to me it’s the fault of the Emotiva, NOT the Eversolo.

1 Like

It may end up being something with the DMP-A6. I just think its absurd to make such sweeping indictments of a new product when you own something known to be “HDMI challenged” to say the least.

A couple of more days into using the DMP-A6 and Roon I am having issues playing either stereo or DSD64 multi-channel via Roon through HDMI. It plays fine through RCA and have tried DSD256

album cover art work showing. still very happy with the Roon performance and not a show stopper I can play through HDMI using the Eversolo App. As stated I hope there I a bit more to come from Roon/Eversolo re the implementation for the A6

1 Like

Feedback from the Zidoo Forum: Thanks for your feedback. The next version will optimize multi-channel support…a matter of wait and see

Eversolo as good as their word with the latest firmware

IMG_2101

![Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 09.32.43|653x500](upload://4AVCVVZ7AFdKczoKpkosO96Xbpm.jpeg)
2 Likes

Fantastic. Big thanks to the Zidoo/Eversolo team. This is the only product I know of that can now output Native Multi-Channel DSD via Roon without conversion to PCM.

1 Like

That’s not true. All exaSound multichannel streamers/DACs are able to handle DSD256 without converting to PCM in multichannel and I believe, that there DACs are much better, than the DACs included in the most AVRs.

But you are referring to a streamer and I think he is referring to a AVR via HDMI.

However, I do not know if he is correct. Some higher end AVR’s have Dual Pro Series DACs.

–MD

Yes I should of said via HDMI. No other product does this.

Not true,
Opp0205 does it perfectly and long before the eversolo was even an idea in zidoo’s marketing mind

1 Like