EverSolo DMP-A6

That is incorrect. Oppo can’t ouput Native Multichannel DSD from Roon via its HDMI output.

From the many threads in the Roon forum under the Oppo section-

"Oppo’s RAAT implementation does not support DSD and multichannel.

This is well documented for several years now."

EverSolo DMP-A6 Master Edition

It seems that there is also another DMP-A6 edition. It is called DMP-A6 Master Edition. It cost hundreds more.

–MD

This is absolutely true.
No where in my thread or the thread i was replying to did it mention through roon.
if someone wants to assume then we all know the potential outcome from that decision.

This a Roon forum. Any discussion will be assumed to be about Roon unless you explicitly say it isn’t. Either way the Eversolo works in Roon, the Oppo does not with multichannel and pure DSD.

1 Like

10 char

–MD

1 Like

thank you so much for the listing your unwritten rules and identifying this is a roon forum. it was extremely helpful

The exaSound devices are quite a bit pricier than the DMP-A6!

1 Like

No, thank you Bill. I’m so glad we can see eye to eye on this! :joy:

1 Like

Oppo205 works with Roon. I have my oppo connect to my speakers and it shows up as an endpoint

yes it does. It works beautifully with it except when playing mch sacd files. it works well with 2-channel sacd and is an excellent enpoint but for most everything except mch sacd.

Do we really need to remind everyone to stay on topic and post with civility towards fellow forum members.
Maybe this will help refresh members memory?
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone else can comment on the EverSolo strictly as a 2 channel Roon endpoint. I see it has a volume knob; is it defeatable? Any other issues using roon aside from those using HDMI out? Anyone have any comments about the DAC quality vs digital out? This is a really attractive package, especially at this price. The option of going digital out to an external DAC or analog out to an amp seems especially useful. At this price this seems too good to be true.

1 Like

Brian I have not tried one myself, but after watching a few reviews like this I almost bought something I had no need of :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I watched that already. I had to caution myself that as much as I enjoy his reviews, Steve Huff seems to love everything he touches, because I was also about ready to pull the trigger.

Also, what kind of hobby is this that I look at the EverSolo and think “$900! WHAT A BARGAIN!!!”

3 Likes

For what I am finding, it is Best Class under $1000.

–MD

2 Likes

This is the guy who introduced the EverSolo to me. This is a good review for the DMP-A6.

He’s got a good channel for some nice stuff.

–MD

Mike this is one of the few things he reviews that I can afford and it looks like a bargain.

I think because I can’t afford most of what he reviews I actually enjoy his channel more, which might seem strange.

3 Likes

True dat …

–MD

There are a few other YouTube reviews I have watched that are equally as positive.
A number of them have said the built-in DAC was good, but you can bypass it and use an external DAC for more improvement so it should have a good lifetime on the market.

I have a Mini-I pro 3 that I am very happy with but part of me wants to buy one of these :flushed:

3 Likes

Yes for existing DAC hardware, the ability to add a Roon endpoint or just a stand alone endpoint without Roon.

–MD