EverSolo DMP-A6

Brian
Also worth a review and there is a part 2 as well

And another one here

2 Likes

You’re killing me here, Michael :slight_smile:

The upgrade I budgeted for this year was the Rega P3 50th, but now the EverSolo is looking like the choice. I hate this hobby :rofl:

4 Likes

Ok I will stop now :flushed::rofl:
:zipper_mouth_face::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My wallet temporarily thanks you, at least until I finally give in.

2 Likes

For those interested in the DMP-A6, mirror88 is EverSolo firmware developer and Ziddo TV representative and he post almost daily in ASR Forum in the EverSolo DMP-A6 Review thread. You can ask him anything about the DMP-A6 and he will respond very quickly:

3 Likes

The volume knob is defeatable if you want Roon to control the volume. I can’t help with any of the comparisons you requested. I am running RCA into a Quicksilver headphone amp and I am very pleased. Firmware updates keep pouring out of Zidoo.

1 Like

Mine will arrive on 6/23. Can’t wait as I am trying to simplify my system. Will the built in DAC be enough? Will I revert to my Pontus II? Will the ES software be enough? Or will I continue with Roon (which I love)?

2 Likes

All questions that you can hopefully answer for yourself and for us

1 Like

Can you tell me how you have setup the dmp to Roon? Mine will not show up as a device. Maybe I don’t have it set correctly.

The DMP-A6 is not fully Roon certified yet but Roon will see it under Setting | Audio as a Zidoo Neo S. Enable it in Roon and you can rename it.

There is no such thing as not fully certified. It’s certified or it’s not. I think this is just showing you that it’s the same electronics as the Zidoo and advertises itself as such so Roon sees it. Wether this is actually allowed a ruse to get it passed without having to resubmit or it is the same just without video capabilities is a mystery. Usually every new device with the same BluOS boards has to be certified but some of those have shown the wrong device before now. Be interesting what Roons take is on this.

1 Like

Zidoo does have a NEO S Media Player that is Roon Certified which was Roon Certified prior to the launch of the DMP-A6.

Agree. The audio chip set is probably the same in both devices and they might have circumvented the certification process for the device per se because it was the audio board that was certified and they are identical. The price is very low for what the DMP-A6 offers and this is one of the ways they achieve this price point. They are using the same technology across multiple Zidoo devices.

–MD

I think the Chinese have been quite creative around Roon in recent history, either employing Roon Bridge code or using Squeeze, AirPlay and even HQPlayer to get Roon to work with them. This is a little more subversive but I’d hope they are aiming for full accreditation when their turn comes. They have done so with all of their Zidoo badged AV gear. Being Android based though the owner can quite legitimately side load Roon or even ARC onto the device.

2 Likes

I hope this isn’t the case. Zidoo has obtained RR certification for several of its devices. I would hope that Eversolo is working on doing the same for the A6. We don’t know for sure that the use of Neo S hardware was to avoid having to go through the certification process for the A6. I wonder how Roon would feel about that if it was?

I agree. Hopefully they are working on actual certification and don’t just plan on relying on the A6 being detected as another product. In the meantime it is nice to be able to use it with Roon.

Then it would be running Roon bridge and they wouldn’t be able to advertise it as RR.

Looking at the DMP A6 on Zidoos site it doesn’t mention Roon Ready at all. To me this product seems suspect to be generally Roon certified I may be wrong but no mention of Eversolo on Roons Partners page.

It was listed as Roon Ready on the eversolo.com product page but now I don’t see it. Since it isn’t certified yet (Roon detects it as a Neo S after all) you of course will not see it on the partners page.

But it should not see it all if it’s uncertified so this to me smells fishy and they are doing something a bit off. No other vendor is allowed to have a working Roon Ready device without full certification then why this?

@danny is this device Roon Ready or not.

I hear you and that was my understanding as well but the DMP-A6 is the third RR device I’ve owned and they have all been like this (advertise RR but not have it until well after the product is out).

But this works as Roon Ready albeit a different name, others don’t work at all since they stopped the rouge OEMs. It’s common for it to be released saying it’s Roon Ready if it’s near certification but it won’t show until it is. This device is a very different kettle of fish and looks to be making a mockery of the certification programme. It might be a legit mistake from one side but it should be verified by Roon if it is one way or another. I do hope it’s the latter as it looks to be a good product and Zidoo have done a lot of work on their product line to be Roon Ready.

We will reach out and see if this is an innocent mistake or they are doing something against the rules.

In the meanwhile, I highly suggest you do not purchase the DMP-A6.

2 Likes