EverSolo DMP-A6

3 weeks too late for me.

It used to, they must have pulled it down.

Added: screenshot from May 14th snapshot of the manufacturers product page.

If Roon stops working on people’s A6, it isn’t Eversolo they will blame. I’m not sure a big PR blowup is in anyone’s interest right now so sort this amicably and sensibly.

Same here. I’m ■■■■■■ at the way Eversolo has handled it. At the very least, they clearly cut corners to get it out the door given prior RR certs but that is no excuse. I’m hoping they remedy this situation quickly as the DMP-A6 is a key component of my Roon setup now.

If the product isn’t Roon Ready certified they should absolutely shut that down. If you take a lenient approach then companies will continue to abuse. The losers in this are the consumers, but perhaps this is more to do with manufacturers trying to rush products to market at volume. This seems to be a trend from Far East manufacturers right now and consumers are lapping the products up.

I’m glad I read this post because I was considering the dmp-A6. I do have the Zidoo UHD 3000, but thankfully that is officially Roon Ready certified! :grinning:

I am a big fan of ROON and bought the A6 based on ROON Ready claims since removed
I wish there was more visibility in the certification process so we knew what units are received for testing/waiting for certification/ failed certification etc…and I wish ROON would look into streamlining its certification process rather then have it come to this.

1 Like

I check the partners page on the Roon website. If it’s truly Roon Ready, it will be on there.

3 Likes

The only problem with that is it doesn’t confirm what the manufacturer is saying when they tell you it is in the certification process and stays like that for weeks or months on end. Roon has also been known to be slow updating that page.

1 Like

Exactly, each side is half to blame. Roon has been around long enough that the certification process should be better streamlined and customers should have more visibility into it (especially in situations like this) and Eversolo should have known better since their parent company has been through the certification process with several different products.

That used to be the case, but these days that page is automatically updated from Roon’s partner product certification database.

If there’s a discrepancy between the Roon page and partner’s marketing / specification page … then I’d advise caution.

I personally would not purchase a device based solely on a promise from the manufacture.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone here or on the Zidoo forum did. Purchases were made while the product was being advertised as RR and early reports said it worked with Roon.

Roon should really be cracking down on this sort of thing themselves to avoid situations like this. It shouldn’t be up to their customers to police the certification process and as a result get stuck in a situation like this.

If a device is falsely advertised as Roon Ready, it’s bad for both Roon and the purchaser … hence Roon do police this, now that @danny is aware he and his team will be all over it.

Roon’s advice is to always validate manufacturers’ claims against the Roon Partners page … this is the single source of truth.

Ultimately the contract is between the seller and the purchaser… if something is falsely advertised the purchaser has redress to return the unit for full refund (and possibly compensation as well).

It’s not practical or realistic to expect Roon or any company to identify all breaches… so it really helps that we in the Roon community alert them when something is amiss.

It seams this device is spoofing its credentials as it is shows up in Roon as a Zidoo Neo S (which is certified), not an Eversolo DMP-A6 … I think this is certainly area that Roon should look at to see if RAAT can be hardened to mitigate against … and secondly to let manufacturers that it’s strictly not allowed.

I don’t disagree.

I’ve only seen policing done after the fact when the damage has been done.

Again, I don’t disagree but when was the last time Roon actively policed this stuff rather than waiting for customers to make purchases and complain?

Is Eversolo really being that nefarious here or is the A6 simply using hardware similar to the Neo S and thus getting misidentified by Roon?

I think it is the sharing of hardware that by default is making it Roon Ready, since the A6 was never formally Roon certified. Zidoo - Eversolo are the same company under the Futeko umbrella. I think Futeko should do the right thing and pursue formal Roon Ready certification.

They are according to an Eversolo employee on the Eversolo forum but this should have been the case from the get-go.

No customers have complained. Roon works with the device, but if it stopped working then there would be complaints because people would look to Roon to fix it rather than to Eversolo. I personally have no fears about the A6 and Roon Readiness. It is an Android device so there will always be ways to get it seen by Roon. But certification is clearly the best option.

IIRC, Arcam tried some developer’s loophole when they first released their Arcam ST60 streamer. Roon closed off that loophole shortly after the device was released and it took 6-8 months for the device to get fully certified.

I’m not sure whether Roon are in a position to “block” the DMP-A6 in one of their monthly updates but I’ve asked Eversolo for a clear view on this in the Eversolo forums.

1 Like

Lifted from the Zidoo - Eversolo forum page.

Roon-Zidoo-Tech

I would like to express my sincerest apologies to the Roon team regarding the issue. Our marketing team made an optimistic estimation of the time and progress required for Roon ready certification and used the Roon ready logo in the initial page design. Roon is a very passionate and rigorous team. Everything they do is for the best user experience and device consistency. At the same time, we are seeking active communication with the Roon team to ensure the smooth completion of certification. For those who purchase DMP-A6 for the sake of Roon ready, I suggest waiting for the final certification.

mirror, Today at 3:05 AM

Well we now know that Zidoo is aware of this and we also know that Roon is aware.

It looks like this is going to be worked out hopefully soon.

–MD

1 Like

Hopefully he’s doing more than post in his own company forum to smooth things over with Roon and is in constructive discussions with them.