Every ten or twenty miutes the music from Tidal cuts out [Resolved]

Hello, I have only had the Roon service connected for a couple of weeks, controlling through my iMac and iPad, and through an Antipodes DX, to my music system.

I am not technically proficient and had installers set everything up. It has been working flawlessly up until a couple of days ago, when every few minutes, sometimes ten, sometimes 20 minutes, the music (streamed from Tidal) cuts out and I just get static.

When I hit the pause button, then resume in a few minutes, the music resumes till the cycle starts again.

Any suggestions?

Hi @Tony_Abbott ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us.

To help me accurate evaluate this issue you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Do you only notice this behavior when streaming TIDAL content or is the experience the same with local content as well?

-Eric

Hi Eric, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have the following connected to enable the Roon and Tidal set up:
Imac desk top computer, Classe CP800 pre-amplifier, Classe 2300 2 channel amplifier, pair of B&W 802 speakers for stereo upstairs. Downstairs this system is also connected to a Bryston 4B3 and other classe amps etc.
The problem I am experiencing is with the 2 channel system upstairs. ( I should note that although only turned on for video - I have an apple tv, a subwoofer, centre channel B&W speaker and an Anthem receiver setup.)
The static will sometimes come on after only a few seconds of play - or go as long as fifteen minutes. It occurs with both Tidal streaming or accessing my ripped cd library music.

Sorry Eric, forgot to mention I have the latest version of the Antipodes DX in the upstairs system as well…

Hi @Tony_Abbott ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are very appreciated!

I would like to gather some more data from you in regard to your setup to have a better understanding of how you are accessing your music collection and how all of your devices are communicating. Please see below.

1. Can you please outline your network configuration/topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have an exact understanding of what the chain of communication looks like across your network and details about the “links” that make up the chain.
  • What type of Router are you using.

• Are there any switches, repeaters, extenders, powerline adaptors, etc

• Which devices are being accessed via Wifi?

• Which have hardwired connections via ethernet?

1. Can you please verify where your music library is being stored/accessed from?

-Eric

Hello again Eric,

Hi Eric,

I seem to have solved the problem.

I did another software update after it popped up while I was in the Roon page ( not actually sure if it was a Roon or Apple update), then did a re-start on the IMac. I also did a restart on the pre amp and amp, and so far no issues after several hours of enjoying the music.
I have a feeling it was somehow related to the recent apple updates.

Thank you very much for your prompt help.

All the best,

Tony

1 Like