Expert Pro is finally Roon Ready

Agree absolutely!

Sad to see there is no reply from Roon (@support ) nor from Devialet.
Just users having major troubles for months and still no idea where this is heading too.

Well, Roon has made it clear that the ball is in Devialet’s court and I’m sure they’re just as eager to see Devialet fix this as we are. As to if or when Roon would retract their “Roon Ready” designation is a good question. Has that ever happened? Likely a very difficult business decision to make, particularly since it does work for many (albeit with numerous conditions and caveats).

I’m now trying a new setup, Roon Rock is connected to Devialet via a native VLAN. Both devices are connected with 100Mb/s. Roon Rock is additionally connected via WiFi to be able to stream Tidal, e.g. Roon App can connect. Let’s see…

As long as we get no feedback from Roon (strange that no one still replied here, seems they either are no longer following certain threads or are just ignoring certain issues/user groups) this is all just try & error which is not really productive.

Roon has replied in this thread several times. Even to you directly and there really is nothing more to say. I do not understand what is your motivation to keep this up.

Roon has said several times that it’s a Devialet problem. Should they come and say the same thing every time you feel like complaining, just to keep you entertained?

1 Like

When you claim there is nothing more to say, so you are in close exchange with Roon?! :wink:
There is a lot to say respectively to do since Roon said they are proud of their certificate guaranteeing users a flawless experience on certified devices.
As this hasn’t been the case now for so many months there needs to be taken action.
Either knowing and communicating when a fix will finally be available or withdrawing the certificate as long as this isn’t working properly (meeting the requirements all other certified vendors are doing).

If you want results, you should talk to Devialet.
Looks like they are not willing to repair a problem, which originates on their side.

Talking to Devialet has happened by so many people affected by the bug over the last couple of months with obviously no effect.
So as it seems the only option is acting on Room’s side.
Imagine someone buying a AV receiver which claims it’s Dolby Atmos compatible - and it turns out it just doesn’t work or just for some.
Dolby would act immediately. Of course I unterstand the interest of Roon having as many vendors certified as possible - but if some don’t meet their certification requirements which are clearly missed here then this needs consequences as otherwise this is hurting their credibility. As well as misleading customers buying into a Devialet for that reason and afterwards realizing they literally were sold.

You should try to understand: Roon can’t repair your Devialet. Only Devialet can do that.
Desertification would not help your problem.
My advice: sell that toy. Get rid of it. If your mental health depends on a working Roon environment, buy something that works. You have no other choice but wait it out or sell it.

Well, there are work arounds: WiFi and 100Mb/s cable ethernet work OK (for the most part), and Devialet make fine sounding hardware, so waiting would be prudent.

Actually for me it also mostly works in a gigabit network. I’ve had less than ten times it has stopped playing and most of those with hires material. Redbook mostly works.

I reached that point a few years back. The one box solution was nice and SAM did help with my Focal speaker, I found a more enjoyable sound elsewhere.

I survived the original Air debacle. Unfortunately for current owners Devialet is doing it again.

You obviously didn’t get the point here. As many Devialet users they have been waiting for years for some features or bugs being fixed. And it’s up to everyone how to approach their “promise and postpone attitude”. But here it’s especially Roon’s part saying / promising they are delivering a stable solution with their Roon Ready certificate (and as many users at Devialetchat and others sites say was an important part for their buying decision) which in fact isn’t the case.

I got your point.
My point is: Your being right doesn’t help you in achieving a result that satisfies you.
If it helps, I understand your grievances. I was so close in buying into Devialet 3 years ago.
I am really happy I didn’t and went a different route.
That certification is what it is: a marketing thingy.
You need an action plan that satisfies you. I personally see no future with Devialet after reading the thread (superficially).

You are right achieving a results here is really tricky :smile:
I had hopes that companies just promise what they keep but it seems more and more nowadays that this marketing blabla has become a rule.

Hi @Markus_Hubner,

We don’t have any new information to share regarding this issue.
Please take a look at Danny’s post from earlier in this thread:

The test with native vlan nor crossover cable helped to me. If i listen to a small playlist I‘ve not many problems, but radom play over 300k songs it comes to many problems. Interesting is, that also playing through my node2 is not without problems. I go forward with testing :joy:

Hmmm, it would appear that Devialet are not deserving of their Roon Ready certificate, and furthermore, Devialet owners who keep raising their fault tickets with the company get no solutions. It is no wonder that Roon users who own Devialet are appealing to Roon to revoke the certification, and that is probably the proper thing to do. However, Roon obviously will be reluctant to upset a partner in the business and in any case, it would spoil their marketing as Devialet is listed as a Roon ready partner. No doubt Roon consider that to remove Devialet from their partner list would be a retrograde marketing step.

1 Like

FWIW, I submitted my first ticket on this issue to Devialet back on March 8th. I’ve now submitted a total of 5 tickets about this - the last 7 days ago which remains pending. All others were eventually responded to and then closed and marked resolved.

Truly, I have no idea how to get through to Devialet. But if everyone that is experiencing this problem logs a ticket and then does so again every couple months, perhaps it will eventually become a priority. I would hope that Roon is also nudging them periodically since this does reflect poorly on their ‘Roon Ready’ certification process.