Exporting Music - Potential Bug re: Year Tag [Fixed in Build 880]

Say I have a remastered album originally released in 1975 with a re-issue date of 2000. My file is tagged with both these dates and using a player like Roon, Clementine, or Foobar I can see this correctly. However, when I export this album and load this version, the original year and release year show as 1975. I would expect the dates to be accurately copied with the original release and reissue release being different.

Flagging @support for you

@support any info you need?

Hi @purehifi192 ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation with us, both are appreciated. My apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, I have moved your post over to the “support” section of the community site so we can address this behavior with you directly. Furthermore, I am going to touch base with the team to verify what the expected behavior should be here and in the meantime if you could please provide us with a media sample that you make this observation with for in house testing it would be greatly appreciated!

If you could send me the media in PM via a shared dropbox link that would be great ideal., but if you are not a dropbox user, no worries as I can provide another upload method. Let me know.

Thanks!
-Eric

Thanks, @eric . It works with any music file, I think, and doesn’t have to be an exact re-issue CD to re-create the problem. Just make sure there’s a date and an original release date. What I don’t now is if these dates have to be part of the underlying file metadata as they are in my case or if Roon is smart enough to sort that out if the underlying file metadata doesn’t have correct date and original release date. Export that file and that new file will show the both these date settings as the original release year. More than happy to share an example if necessary, but I think you recreate. Please confirm one way or another. Thank you.

Thanks for the insight @purehifi192, well have a look and see what we can come up with. If we require some media I will reach back out. Your patience during this process is very appreciated, thanks again!

-Eric

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @purehifi192 ---- Thank you for your patience here!

I wanted to touch base because our QA team has been able to reproduce this behavior and a ticket has been submitted to our DEV team for further tracking/investigation. While I cannot comment on when work can be expected on this behavior I can assure you that I will be certain to keep you up to speed on the team’s progress as they provide me with further feedback. Thanks again!

-Eric

:ok_hand: Sounds great. Assume expected behavior in the export then is to have the year tags mimic what’s in the original: earlier original date and later reissue date.

Hello All,

We have recently released Roon Build 880, which should help with the behavior reported in this thread.

Please try the new Roon build and let us know if you’re still seeing issues after!

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.