Exporting playlist content causes Roon client crash [Resolved]

It’s been now MONTH since this issue first was reported!!! Now, another update, but still NO fix for that. Sorry it is getting really annoying! @noris: Any comments?

I don’t understand the strategy used.
A bug is clearly identified and no effort is made to fix it. It looks like Apple … It is not a bug but a feature … Versions follow one another and clearly identified bugs are ignored and not fixed … Warning. Take customers for what they are not …

Hi everyone,

Our QA team is testing some potential solutions for this issue — I can’t make any guarantees on a timeline as we are still testing this, but this remains a high priority issue for us and we’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as we have more information.

Dylan,

With all due respect, if this is being treated as high priority and a solution has not beed developed since March 15, 2020 (NINE months ago), you have bigger problems than I imagined.

Apparently this “problem” is not considered all that important by the Roon folks. How else could it survive this long without even an attempt to fix it.

It makes me wonder why any of us customers should bother reporting obvious bugs.

Happy Holidays,

A new version and a major bug still not fixed …
It has been going on for almost a year now …
Never seen a team of developers unable to fix their own software … And I work in computer science … Shame on them …
I hope that we will soon see competitors in Roon and then there …

1 Like

So, the next BIG Update and what happened to our issue? NOTHING!!! Stil no chance to export playlists without crash!

Are you kidding? A bug that has now been known for almost ONE YEAR is still not solved?

+1
The Roon developers are having fun … but I have the feeling that they don’t give a damn … First anniversary of an unresolved bug from version to version … which software company is capable of doing that: Roon Labs!

It appears this bug has been fixed in Roon 1.8. I am using Roon 1.8 (Build 764) and I can now export multiple albums with my iMac crashing.

Yay and thanks for finally getting to it!!

As the OP for this thread I can still NOT export a playlist without Roon (1.8 Build 764) freezing. The symptoms are exactly the same as I reported at the start of this thread.

@Speed_Racer You say you can export albums but this is not the issue. As the thread title says it is exporting a playlist which is the problem. Can you export a playlist?

@Dylan In a post on this thread in October 2020 you said that this was being worked on. Could you kindly let me know if this is still the case and if there is any idea when this may be resolved. It has now been outstanding for a year!

Nothing was fixed, sorry to say! The export of Playlists is still not possible without a crash. “Funny” thing, now for some moments it looks like as it would work, but in the end it leads to the same - a frozen App.

+1
To export my playlists, I had to install … a windows station!!! Because, there it works !!! On the other hand, on macOS systematic crashes … one year we are waiting for a patch … never seen a company like ROON unable to fix bugs, which makes features disappear … with them, we reach the limits of the SaaS model

I have now deleted my entire library again and re-read all the data. With over 4,000 albums, this of course also means that countless errors in the names of the albums have to be corrected. All in all, several days of work to finally be able to export playlists again.

What now? It worked for a few days, but now it’s happening again: Roon freezes as soon as you export a playlist, even individual tracks as part of a playlist can no longer be exported without Roon freezing.

It is indeed frustrating

Hi Roon-Team

I have the same problem with Roon 1.8/806 stable. As soon as I hit the export button, the Roon client on my Mac freezes. Permission to access the HD is given in system preference pane. Roon Core is running on a Nucelus.

Any help?
Regards
Stefan

No help for over one year on this issue from Roon - it’s absolutely frustrating!

I was just about to report this same issue. Cannot export on Mac OS. Client freezes just like everyone else reports here.

Same here. Using Roon 1.8, build 814 there is a slight improvement. Exporting a playlist of 113 tracks to an external microSD actually starts but only finishes about half of the the tracks (which takes a very long time) and then fails. The Roon application does not crash but an error message will show up in the export window. Restarting is given as an option, but that doesn’t solve it.

This STILL isn’t fixed???

I’ve found that if I start playing the first track in the playlist and then just quickly hit next to jump to the next track in the playlist until I get all the way through it, the export will work and not freeze up on me. This can be tedious depending on how many songs are in your playlist but the export went pretty quick for me after I did this workaround. I still wish it would just work the way it’s supposed to without having to jump through any hoops though.

1 Like

I cannot believe it but your trick really works. And it works in a bookmark I made for a bunch of tracks as well.