Fidelizer Support Thread

https://scontent.fbkk5-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14102510_10210499710839679_3798060614228475299_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEnxMsDQH-GAiYaBzfKx13AGqXuv1fTuk6tS2sDlV6G713kTM0-JcmZ1AVL1gm3KlZBlFSeYGPE2CFXlNhJNi_tntQdUpad-1ukLay5A_rwWw&oh=3013285ed1fae102dbf6a76a2b2d57e1&oe=5B4AD97B

Of course. I also installed Roon and Roon Server on some units too. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response! Do you recommend using an external USB HD to store music or an internal HDD? Can you use an external cd rom drive to rip CDs
using dbpoweramp? (probably as it is a Windows server). Thanks again, this is an interesting option.

I recommend using external storage. It’s easier to manage, can support external power supply and isolate from internal interference and vibration being in external box. :slight_smile:

As for program to rip CD, I recommend EAC and CueTools. dbpoweramp is easiest and JRiver does its ripping job well also but I prefer those two personally.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I hoped to release version 8.1 before Valentine’s day but there were more cases to be resolved related to security having a few internal changes until it’s more stable enough.

While fixing reported issues one by one, I also was flooded with over 100 mails per day in during the first week of Fidelizer 8 release so fixing every reported issues took me longer than expected but it’s finally done now.

New features such as Core Isolation policy and execution with music player application are working properly now. I also found core affinity optimization didn’t work properly with new algorithm so I fixed that too.

I also improved permanent optimizations in Fidelizer Pro with rounding technique. Fidelizer Pro analyzes RAM calibration with 250MB block. If system detects 3.93GB with 64MB for VGA, RAM calibration will apply optimizations as 3.75GB.

With nearly 200MB miscalculated, audio tasks won’t perform according to ideal optimizations with tonal shift. By adding rounding technique with 125MB threshold, 3.93GB RAM will be treated as 4.0GB which is closer to ideal case.

Changelog for version 8.1

Free
-Fixed key generation mechanism to provide more reliable results with other cases
-Fixed music player application launching bug with invalid core affinity assignment
-Fixed multi-core affinity optimization that fail to apply with shorten optimization process

Plus
-Fixed bugs with launching application with core isolation in some cases
-Fixed bugs with Core Isolation Policy that doesn’t work properly with some processor models
-Fixed key generation mechanism to provide more reliable results with other cases
-Fixed multi-core affinity optimization that fail to apply with shorten optimization process
-Fixed performance issues after stop/disable some new Windows 10 services

Pro
-Fixed bugs with launching application with core isolation in some cases
-Fixed bugs with Core Isolation Policy that doesn’t work properly with some processor models
-Fixed performance issues after stop/disable some new Windows 10 services
-Improved optimizing system configuration mechanism with rounding technique for more accurate optimizations

Download: Fidelizer 8.1
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

And we’ve reached 2,900th milestone now in this month, the that’s almost 3,000th license. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week. I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order today.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95 (Until 25st March 2018)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95 (Until 25st March 2018)

This offer will last until 25st March 2018. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I apologize for deliverying this update so late due to many tasks I’ve been occupied with. I promise to provide more prompt services from now on, hopefully. There’s also Fiio ROMs to be rebuilt without deodexing next too.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I also made adjustments to have fidelizer.key filled automatically when you use “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer software. I hope this will make order process easier. :slight_smile:

I’m curious as to why you prefer 32-bit Windows 10 over 64-bit. Will JPlay work with 32-bit W10 and Fidelizer? I’m thinking of a two-computer set up with Jplay’s Ultrastream etc.

Hi I bought Fidelizer Pro and install to my NUC Win10 Roon server, output to Devialet by USB or Ethernet (Roon Air) connection, whch optimization profile shall I select for both connection type?

Audio works natively on 32-bit and memory management on 32-bit is more solid with 4GB limitation structure. 64-bit will have conversion to 32-bit for audio processes and expandable memory management make the sound less transparent.

When I first release Nimitra, there’s only 32-bit version and I later added 64-bit as some devices like NADAC supporting only 64-bit. 64-bit sounds smooth with rich body and softer presentation which isn’t really bad though.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I recommend Streamer audio profile as you’ll send audio through network to network player. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thx a lot for advice.

With pleasure. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the explanation. I’ll try 32-bit Windows to see if the sound is more to my taste. Also, I had a question about whether Jplay would work in the set up with Fidelizer 8.1? I’m thinking of a two-PC set up with Control PC and Audio PC.

With pleasure. JPLAY works fine with Fidelizer 8.1. For Fidelizer Pro, you can setup with Streamer audio profile for Control PC and Network Player audio profile for Audio/Single PC. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Since Roon 1.5 was released few days ago, I’d like to share my test results below. It works great with Fidelizer products as before. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Whoa. I have accidentally reached end game using Fidelizer Pro with Roon on my Dell XPS and Hugo 2.

Settings are
.05ms
Highest performance
Long/fixed
(Everything checked)

Purist
Audio player (without network connection)

Uncheck core isolation policy

It must be heard to be believed and it’s such a different sound vs any other setting. Thing is, Roon is such a processor hog that I can only listen to my music for 2 hours.

The other thing is changing one mode to 'audio player with network connection) gives a very different sound. Bloated bass. Wondering if I can manually restart some window services so I can enable it to use the Ethernet cable to the modem router so I can remotely control it on my Android phone.

Thank you.

I’m glad to hear you like the improvements with Fidelizer software. Using “Purist” user level with “Audio player (without network connection)” audio profile will disable network services so there’ll be less interference to audio tasks.

If you want to enable some services back, you can run services.msc and re-enable services you want. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

I tried finding the services to enable just the Ethernet cable but can’t find it. :frowning: Kindly guide me to what one it is.

Having it on audiophile mode and audio player (no network connection) still gives me network capabilities and the second best sound so that’s kinda promising for now.

I believe it would be easier to change audio profile to just “Audio Player” if you want to keep network services.

I promised before to release upcoming version with multiple media player application feature making setup like Roon/HQPlayer becoming much easier to implement. Now it’s finally here.

It took me a long while to implement this feature due to designing user experience and fixing glitches in UI changes. I need to make a lot of changes to make things work as designed.

Also, I received more requests about fidelizer.key being changed after installing new JCAT NET Card Femto. I made some adjustments to fidelizer.key generation so it won’t change the key after adding new card.

Changelog for version 8.2

Free
-Added additional page for media player application supporting up to 3 apps
-Improved core optimizations reliability

Plus

Pro
-Restricting network speed and force direct memory access will only apply to Audio Player/Renderer audio profiles

Download: Fidelizer 8.2
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

It took a while to properly resolving the case of changes in hardware key generation and I needed to fix 8.2 release and send again so I can officially release it today after confirming. This is the first release with multiple media player applications support and I’ll polish this feature better in future.

Unfortunately i am not able to get Fidelizer 8.2 running. It worked one time after i installed it but after a restart of my PC it simply will not give any sound. Roon also does not show that tracks are playing.

My setup is a bit complicated. I use Roon as server and player with hqplayer attached which delivers via ASIO to Acourate convolver. AC delivers via Ethernet and ASIO to a Merging Hapi multichannel interface and from there to an active 3 way horn system.

Startup order without fidelizer is Acourate Convolver, HQPlayer, Roon. When trying to set this up in Fidelizer it won‘t work. I think that there maybe should be a delay between Convolver and HQPlayer which cannot be realized when starting the programs inside Fidelizer.

But even if i start them outside of Fidelizer and Fidelizer afterwards it won‘t work. No sound. I am out if ideas unfortunately.

Hi. Could you tell me about your Fidelizer version and options you selected in Fidelizer?