Fidelizer Support Thread

Hi. Could you tell me which audio profile are you using right now? Using “Network Player” audio profile shouldn’t affect internet speed significantly. If that doesn’t help after restart, you can run this command to fix it.

netsh.exe interface tcp reset global

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi. Since releasing version 8.4, I’ve been very busy with a lot of product research and development projects while maintaining Purist ROM updates. Now I finally have time to maintain Fidelizer updates for next release.

Version 8.5 will now support AIMP/AlbumPlayer/Amarra/Audirvana/MusicBee/Winamp software. Plus and Pro version will handle new services added from Windows 10 May 2019 Update too.

After fixing reported bugs after each big update, I can finally keep up with program compatibility and Windows updates on this release. I’ll launch some major new products soon and they’ll be game changer improvements for audiophiles. :slight_smile:

Changelog for version 8.5

Free
-Changed checkbox items to “Enable Media Player Application” for better understanding about Media Player Application feature
-Improved compatibility with AIMP/AlbumPlayer/Amarra/Audirvana/MusicBee/Winamp software

Plus
-Added new services from Windows 10 May 2019 Update into Fidelizer optimizations
-Changed checkbox items to “Enable Media Player Application” for better understanding about Media Player Application feature
-Improved compatibility with AIMP/AlbumPlayer/Amarra/Audirvana/MusicBee/Winamp software

Pro
-Added new services from Windows 10 May 2019 Update into Fidelizer optimizations

Download: Fidelizer 8.5
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

After publishing Fidelizer update, I’ll focus on updating portable products project a bit so expect something good for portable audio soon. :slight_smile:

Perfect, this is indeed the right setting. No speed loss at all. Thanks!!

I’m glad to hear that helps and happy listening. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Questions about using Roon Server, HQPlayer, Fidelizer (2 licenses) on 2 machines

I have 2 Fidelizer Pro licenses. I have question on the following scenario:
PC1: Roon Server, HQPlayer, Fidelizer 1
PC2: HAA (HQPlayer Audio Daemon) , Fidelizer 2. (with Etherstream right in front of PC2)

1. Should Fidelizer’s setting on “processor priority policy” be the same on both PC’s?
  2. Does it still matter whether we choose “core isolation policy” on PC1?
  3. Any recommended setup for both PCs? (Both are dedicated for Audio playback.)

Thanks!

Thank you for supporting Fidelizer project. Here’s my answer to your questions. :slight_smile:

1. Processor priority policy is up to personal preference. I prefer default value but you can try others if you find better synergy with your system.
  2. PC1 can try Performance or no isolation and PC2 can try transparency
  3. I recommend Streamer audio profile for PC1 and Network Renderer/Player for PC2

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello,

I am running Roon server on a Sonictransporter and HQPlayer on a separate dedicated music computer. I am running Fidelizer Pro on the system with HQPlayer. When I select Purist mode in Fidelizer I frequently lose the connection between Roon and HQPlayer and can no longer start, stop or change selected music. If I back Fedelizer down to audiophile mode everything works but I lose a bit of sound quality. I appears that Purist mode is lowering priority of network communications in a way that causes the linkage between Roon and HQPlayer to fail. Any thoughts on a solution? Can I tell Fidelizer to prioritize Roon/HQPlayer communications? Thanks.

Eric

I’m running Windows 10 Enterprise i7 modern pc for just Roon. Then network 40 meters over to a Sotm sms 200/DAC
1st I’m going to try free version can you please post the settings I should be using.
2nd if I like it, I would buy the first option which settings would I need for that.
Many thanks
M

Could you tell me which audio profile option you selected before? Normally changing from Audiophile to Purist only will stop/disable non-audio services. I recommend to try “Network Player” audio profile with Purist user level which should work fine for most cases.

There’s also another possibility if you set Roon/HQPlayer as Media Player Application. If you tick “Apply Core Isolation Policy”, please uncheck it and see if it helps.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi. In free version you can change user level option from default Consumer to Purist which is highest user level for dedicated audio machine. Audio Profile option will be available for Plus/Pro version only.

I recommend trying Consumer user level first and then try Purist user level if you can notice further improvements. If you have any other question, please let me know and happy listening. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello Keetakawee,

I tried several of the profiles including network player and audio render. When set to purist mode the system starting generating this error: OMP: Warning #123: Ignoring invalid OS proc ID 1. It also generated a second error but I didn’t get that one noted down. Once the problems with losing connection between Roon and HQPlayer started I couldn’t correct the problem by moving the to a lower mode. I tried removing Fedilizer from the computer but am still having issues. Does running Fedilizer in purist mode make permanent changes to the system. Thanks.

It sounds like core allocation issue if you remove Fidelizer Pro and reboot still has this problem. Did you use software like Process Lasso setting up HQPlayer to run on specific cores or apply some features related t? Here’s some information for reference.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/19715-hq-player/?do=findComment&comment=1021351

No, I didn’t use Process Lasso. This does look like the problem I am having. At this point I am considering reloading the OS (Windows 10). Any other thoughts on fixes?

Hi. If uninstalling Fidelizer Pro and reboot doesn’t fix it, maybe you can try uninstalling HQPlayer and reinstall it first. Do you use something like CUDA offload too?

Not using CUDA offload. I will try reinstalling HQPlayer. When I do get this sorted out, any thoughts on which Fidelizer Pro settings would be most appropriate? My setup is Roon on sonictransporter > HQPlayer on Windows 10 system (upsampling from PCM to DSD 128) > Bryston DAC. Obviously I wouldn’t try limiting HQPlayer to one core again. The control handshaking between Roon and HQPlayer appears to be impacted by some element of Fidelizer optimization, perhaps reduction in priority of network processes, or perhaps Fidelizer doesn’t recognize this communication as being an audio process? Thanks.

I see. Limiting HQPlayer cores can cause some issues especially with upsampling DSP. Normally Fidelizer won’t cause interference between HQPlayer and Roon as their processes are recognized and there’s network related audio profiles to handle that. It’s more like limiting core that cause that glitch as Miska explained before in that thread.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I reloaded HQPlayer and that fixed the problem. Now I need to reload Fidelizer Pro but can’t seem to re-activate using the link sent when I purchased the Pro upgrade. Can you send an updated link? I also emailed you directly on this. Thanks.

Hi. Could you send me information about your license and new key data it shows to my mail address?

Some people asked since few months ago if Fidelizer development is still active and yes it is. I have some internal updates over time and don’t save features and optimizations to prolong version releases.

Now version 8.6 is ready with some changes and optimizations applied. I waited until Windows 10 with 20H1 update released first to confirm further changes and launch it with some bug fixes improvements.

Recently I have a client using Sonarworks as DSP sound card so I also added Sonarworks apps to be recognized as audio processes too. I also added option to preserve current Processor Priority Policy as requested. :slight_smile:

Changelog for version 8.6

Free
-Fixed fidelizer.key data generation bug on some new cases
-Improved compatibility with Sonarworks Systemwide software
-Optimized code sequence to make media player application running sooner

Plus
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 10 v2004 update

Pro
-Added more non-audio services to be handled by Fidelizer after checking Windows 10 v2004 update
-Added option to preserve current configuration in Processor Priority Policy

Download: Fidelizer 8.6
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

After publishing Fidelizer update, I’ll focus on updating portable products project a bit so expect something good for portable audio soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just installed the 8.6 version…THANK YOU!!
You are a genius, ha ha.