Fidelizer Support Thread

Thank you. But will that work if HQPlayer is started upon start up? It’s set up to start that way, because the PC running it all (Fidelizer, RoonServer, HQPlayer) has not monitor. And I do not want to have to RDP in every time it reboots.

@scolley I recommend to set Roon to run on startup and setup HQPlayer to run with Fidelizer.

Regards,
Windows X

Sorry. But not sure how to do that.

Though that’s not really important, because Fidelizer should be able to recognize HQPlayer as just any other process not to “optimize” or suppress - just like it currently leaves Roon and JPlay alone. No difference. This should be treated just like Roon.

To use HQPlayer with Roon, you need to run Roon first so setting Roon to run on startup and run HQPlayer after with Fidelizer should be the optimal configuration.

I don’t see the need to add media player software like HQPlayer into exception list. I added Roon because of its library server function. You can still HQPlayer after optimizations without getting side effects.

Regards,
Windows X

Ahh… I understand.

Yes, if HQPlayer were JUST a media player that you ran because you want to select music to play (like iTunes), that makes perfect sense. However, HQPlayer does more than just let you select and play music. It does DSP on music before it is played. I suspect you need to look into how Roon works with HQPlayer…

Roon essentially passes music - selected with Roon - through HQPlayer for processing before it’s played. So Roon allows “headless” RoonServers to serve up music selected off another platform (different PC, Mac, or tablet) to be played, and can pass it along to HQPlayer for DSP before it get’s played.

In this use case, the HQPlayer interface is never used. It’s NOT used to select music to play. It’s a music processor that Roon uses. All that can be done on a “headless” device with no user intervention.

The only time that breaks down is if you want to use Fidelizer - and I would - because now you have to RDP into the the headless device to start HQPlayer after Fidelizer runs. And then you shut down the RDP session, because no additional user intervention is necessary. And honestly, for me, that’s more trouble than it’s worth. I want a headless Roon/HQPlayer/Fidelizer device that can be rebooted and work without user intervention.

I hope that makes sense.

@scolley From my understanding, you just need to run HQPlayer after Roon running on startup, correct? In this case, you can set Roon to launch RoonServer on startup by itself (or set Roon on startup manually) and let Fidelizer run HQPlayer on startup. That way, Roon and HQPlayer will run on startup safely.

Running HQPlayer from FIdelizer will also receive more priority with Administrator rights.

Regards,
Windows X

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see this day. We finally reached 1000th milestone. This number means a lot to set the history of computer audiophile.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $30.0 (Until 7th February 2016)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $55.0 (Until 7th February 2016)

This offer will last until Until 7th February 2016. I stated in title that this will be the last purchase offer we’ll make. Back then purchase offer was made after every 2-3 months so it doesn’t affect normal customers that much. Lately the offer was made too frequently like every month making me feel like it’s getting unfair for normal customers.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer. I’ll think about offer for dual PC setup later after this campaign is over. I’m really appreciated in everyone’s support for 1000th license.

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Actually, Fidelizer does stop Devialet AIR service, somehow. I have everything selected except Prioritize optimizations for network streaming. If this is not resolved, it won’t help me to upgrade to the Pro version for autorun on reboots. And, if system rebooted, AIR will autostart and the process get killed by Fidelizer, then this won’t work for me.

It’s possible that Devialet AIR service may have dependency to some of audio services. I saw similar cases to this and made changes to stop all services depended on core audio services to make sure it’s working correctly. Since it’s stopped without having configuration changed so it may start again later.

Restarting core audio services is required so stopping all services depending on them is unavoidable. Will Devialet AIR service run again after optimizations for a while? I couldn’t come up with a solution to bring back the stopped services that depend on core audio services manually yet.

Regards,
Windows X

Unfortunately not. Once Devialet AIR is stopped, one needs to restart it manually.

How do you restart the service? Is it an application to restart or system services in services.msc? Is there any dependency for Devialet AIR service? Maybe we can find some workaround like removing dependonservice or set Fidelizer to restart Devialet AIR service after optimizations.

Regards,
Windows X

It is an app (executable program).

How about disable this app on startup and allow Fidelizer to run it after optimizations? That should fix your problem.

Regards,
Windows X

Well, AIR is not your typical program, but it is a “sound card device” for Windows. In any case, I will give your method a try and see what happen. Will update you on the results.

Thanks. Let me know if my suggested method works. :slightly_smiling:

Regards,
Windows X

After releasing Fidelizer 6.14 for a while. I shall conclude that it’s finally stable without anymore issues to be addressed and resolved. At least I fixed everything I can do now so I’m starting Fidelizer 7 development today. It’s going to be a major changes update.

Instead of announcing Fidelizer 7 release and say people who order before X day will receive free update, I’d like to announce we’re working on it now and you’ll get free update if you order today instead. There’s a lot of work ahead and I hope you’ll continue to support us.

Regards,
Windows X

Whether the fix comes now, or later, please be aware that your suggestion does always work with MQPlayer. When run from Fidelizer MQPlayer starts, so if you were directly connected to a DAC, I’m sure your suggestion would be fine.

However HQPlayer also uses Network Audio Adapters (NAA’s) code running on a remote device that can receive HQPlayer’s music over the network. And that’s where the wheel’s fall off the cart. I - like many people using HQPlayer, use an NAA. And when Fidelizer runs HQPlayer, it cannot find the NAA on the network.

I am about to begin using a Sonicorbiter SE. So would there be any point using Fidelizer? I currently use 6.13 on a roon core laptop hooked up to DAC and etc.

@scolley Did you try turning off UAC completely by following this guide? It fixed NAS issues with process running from Administrator account.

@JChrisG Sonic Orbiter SE is network renderer device so you can still use Fidelizer with Roon on Network Transporter device like laptop to feed Sonic Orbiter SE.

Regards,
Windows X

Thanks. Made no difference. And my RoonServer already pulls all the music files off a NAS. Fidelizer never got in the way of that.