Fidelizer Support Thread

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m glad to hear that Fidelizer Plus is working good over free version with your Roon setup. :slightly_smiling:

Regards,
Windows X

Enjoy the music is one of the longest audiophile media with over 20 years of experience in sharing audiophile experience. Last year I received a kind offer from Greg Weaver about reviewing Fidelizer software but there was a lot going on on his side since last year so the review was delayed until recently that he finally had time to finish reviewing Fidelizer Pro.

This is the first Fidelizer 7 review since published. To be more precise, this is a review with both Fidelizer 6 and Fidelizer 7 impressions combined so I’m interested to hear his impressions on this side too.

Fidelizer Pro v7 Windows Software Optimization for Music Playback made effective and simple. Review By Greg Weaver

1 Like

After releasing version 7.0 for a while, I received a few of reports about usability problems since we have major UI changes. I didn’t expect the case of 800×600 resolution and high DPI scaling screen problems before releasing. I spent most of the time refining UX experience so it should work fine for all cases now.

I also fixed launching media player application bugs related to core affinity by enforcing execution to run with all cores. It should resolve reported performance issues now. After fixing all important bugs, I hope to improve audio optimizations better in future releases.

Changelog for version 7.1

Free
-Fixed Fidelizer may launch media player application on cores shared with non-audio processes on higher optimization levels
-Fixed some library server applications like Asset uPNP/J River Media Center that maybe treated as non-audio processes during optimizations
-Revised user interface to be compatible with low resolution and high DPI scaling screen

Plus
-Added change media player application option in running media player application dialog
-Fixed Fidelizer may launch media player application on cores shared with non-audio processes on higher optimization levels
-Fixed some library server applications like Asset uPNP/J River Media Center that maybe treated as non-audio processes during optimizations
-Revised user interface to be compatible with low resolution and high DPI scaling screen

Pro
-Added change media player application option in running media player application dialog
-Fixed startup optimizations terminating itself after 3 days
-Fixed Uninstall button working without installing before in Optimization Wizard

Download: Fidelizer 7.1
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Hello Windows X,

I’m currently using the free version and think about upgrading to Pro, mostly because I need to run Fidelizer again manually after my W7 Pro PC rebooted for whatever reason. I was wondering if you would give me a hint for the Fidelizer settings for the following setup, and if you see further advantages of using the Pro version vs the free version in this setup apart from the booting situation described above.

W7 Pro Service Pack 1, Intel i5 4 core
Roon Core (not server)
Audio output via LAN to Roon endpoint (RAAT)
All local files stored on Synology NAS
Web streaming files TIDAL over Roon

I’m not using any kind of audio processing applications like HQP nor do I play audio directly from the PC over USB out. From what I’ve read a lot of advantages of Fidelizer aims to the audio processing within a Windows PC but I’ve not read much detail when it comes to RAAT, especially no hints for recommended settings in this case.

I use Roon remote on iPad for Roon control and Splashtop for general PC remote.

Thanks very much in advance, much appreciated.

Kind regards
NOA

Thank you for your interests with Fidelizer products. According to your system setup, my optimal configuration for Fidelizer Pro should be this setup.

User Level: Purist (For best possible sound quality)
Audio Profile: Streamer (Since it stream contents to another machine)
Media Player Application: Roon (Select Yes after Fidelize and choose Roon)

Please let me know if you have further questions about computer audio and Fidelizer that I can help you with. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Thanks. Just ordered Pro. Hope Purist mode will not stop firewall/antivirus.

Hi Windows X,

Got my copy of Fidelizer Pro in the mail this morning, thanks for the swift delivery. One question, to make sure I’m not missing something very obvious:

In the freeware version, you can pick a player to start after fidelizing and Fidelizer starts this player automagically when fidelization (if that’s a word) is done. In the Pro version, you can pick a player to optimize with, but Fidelizer does not automatically start the player after booting. Furthermore, there’s no Fidelizer-related process visible in Task Manager.

In short, there’s no visible something to check whether Fidelizer Pro is running, correct?

Thanks and best regards,

Jelle

Thank you for ordering Fidelizer Pro. Fidelizer Pro’s default configuration will leave core optimizations and launching media player software to after restart.

When you boot up again, you’ll see Fidelizer running on startup with media player software after optimizations. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Thanks for replying. If I understand correctly, Fidelizer should start Roon after each boot? That doesn’t happen on my computer, I have to select ‘Launch at startup’ in Roon itself, otherwise nothing happens.

Also, there’s no ‘Launch audiophile player with Fidelizer optimizations’ option in advanced configuration, as is shown in the documentation.

Thanks

Edit: just had a conversation with a Fidelizer 7.0 user and he sees a splash screen at every boot and Roon gets launched automatically. Either 7.0 and 7.1 behave differently or I’m doing something wrong (Win 8.1, no Defender, no firewall, no antivirus, no UAC warnings).

Fantastic support again from Keetawee. My 7.1 pro update sorted as soon as I contacted him.
My computer really does sound like a fantastic transport into my dac.

After hit Fidelize button in Fidelizer Pro, you’ll be prompt about running media player application after optimizations. If you click Yes and select Roon software, you should see Fidelizer on startup with Roon afterward.

Otherwise, you can Uninstall first and Fidelize again from scratch in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Windows X

With pleasure. I’m also running NUC with Fidelizer at my parents’ place right now. It sounds so good to me too. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Just to make sure:
Any changes in Fidelizer need an uninstall first?

Hmm, I even upgraded to WIndows 10 to see if that made a difference, but I still don’t see anything that indicates Fidelizer is running after startup. What’s the most convenient way to troubleshoot for you? Mail, Skype + screen share or something like Teamviewer?

Not really. I did Fidelize over older version and startup program is updated to 7.1

Regards,
Windows X

Teamviewer is the most reliable way to check for me. Please give me your Teamviewer session in mail message or PM.

If Task Scheduler service is working correctly, you should see Fidelizer Pro running on startup with default configuration.

Regards,
Windows X

Thanks, just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks to the great support by WindowsX Fidelizer is running fine now :smiley:

Thanks again!

With pleasure. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Just wanted to confirm that using Fidelizer to start Devialet AIR upon start-up works and it is running very stably.