FITNESS FOR PURPOSE ISSUE - String lengths too long for display - too much truncation!

Hi ,

continuing my extensive tagging and editing drive, I am noticing situations where it’s not possible to access the links which I am putting in place manually to complete/correct data supplied by roon…

example

we can’t even see the Andris Nelson link

here are the edited artists for this album…

and here in editing, trying to find the right Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen, is a hit and miss affair, and neither are suitable in fact, for my purposes, but that’s by the by :slight_smile:

Please can you look into displaying long strings, basically. It’s also a problem when displaying tags as I have mentioned before eg… here…

But alas, there was no acknowledgement from Roon on this issue at all.

Please can you advise that you are at least aware of the issue?

These posts do take time to write.

Thanks!!

Hi @Sallah_48 ---- Thank you for the report. I am fairly certain I have seen this behavior myself today so I am going to raise a testing/feedback ticket with the tech team for evaluation.

-Eric

1 Like

Is it really a Bug though? I think what you are asking for is more of a Feature Request. Or at least documentation of the string length so you can abbreviate.

Having the text fade off to the right is correct behavior, if I understand it correctly. And there are set lengths with No Wrap Around for display. Again, I think these were design choices; of course you may not agree with them, but I am not sure that they are bugs.

Reference this post:

1 Like

Ok, i was a bit mr grumpy last night. lol.

Takes a lot of time to optimise the data and then i’m hit with the inability to click links which Im setting up using the tools Roon provides. Grrrr! :slight_smile:

I do think it’s more than a feature request, if not a bug. It’s a lack of functionality for sure, a lack of fitness for purpose. Ill change the title.

THANKS Eric, appreciate your feedback and recognition.

Especially for German iPhone users the string length is a problem. In some dialogs everything is cropped or some buttons are overlayed.

EDIT: Here’s an example from the iPad:

1 Like

:astonished:

Not good. IMHO these sort of issues should really be priority stuff over and above new features or further hardware integration, otherwise it just can become a big mess with a sort of constantly “unfinished” feel about the product.

Agreed, it is all about priorities. Would you believe that there are actually people discussing whether the Radio function should be On or Off by default… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Make the current application work really well before adding more hardware!

1 Like